By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 still not maxed out, says Sony

leo-j said:
so then why isn't god of war 3 1080p native, or running at nearly 100fps if the game is only using a little more than half of the console's ability?

That. . . is a good question.

Around the Network

When someone says a console is still not maxed out that doesn't mean past games didn't take the full use of a console's hardware but developers with time gets better programing with that hardware.

In my mind it's something like playing Iracing. I have the exact same car as everyone else and pushing the car around the corners as hard as I can yet more experience racers will pass me especially when I first started Iracing. At first, it was hard to believe how fast some racers were but with more practice I slowly started making better lap times.

Just like in sim racing there is a limit of what a hardware (car) can do. No matter how good of a driver you are you will never beat F1 car with a Honda Civic. PS3 GPU will never be able to run like the newer PC card: XFX-ATI Radeon HD 5850.

leo-j said:
so then why isn't god of war 3 1080p native, or running at nearly 100fps if the game is only using a little more than half of the console's ability?

Because it requires more than the PS3 can give.

Smidlee said:

When someone says a console is still not maxed out that doesn't mean past games didn't take the full use of a console's hardware but developers with time gets better programing with that hardware.

In my mind it's something like playing Iracing. I have the exact same car as everyone else and pushing the car around the corners as hard as I can yet more experience racers will pass me especially when I first started Iracing. At first, it was hard to believe how fast some racers were but with more practice I slowly started making better lap times.

Just like in sim racing there is a limit of what a hardware (car) can do. No matter how good of a driver you are you will never beat F1 car with a Honda Civic. PS3 GPU will never be able to run like the newer PC card: XFX-ATI Radeon HD 5850.

this guies a Maverick. i totlaly agree.

Dgc1808 said:
I'm hoping this is him hinting at something really impressive waiting for us at E3.

thumbs up!

Around the Network
CommonMan said:
I personally, after having played all of the big hitters now, find the differences between the systems, if noticable at all to be so minute as to be moot. People love hyperbole on these sites "This game CRUSHES everything on that system!" or "It DESTROYS the competition". At this point, the only differences you'll see will be: budget, dev skill and personal preference.

I have to agree. Purely because it's true. Having seen most of the big players for graphics. ( Ive only seen about 1 hour of GOW3 ) I have to say there isnt leaps and bounds between them. If anything it's in peoples heads. There is a difference. But not much. Even after seeing GOW3, U2 and Alan Wake, RDR still made me go wow visually.

Ghazi4 said:
Dgc1808 said:
I'm hoping this is him hinting at something really impressive waiting for us at E3.

thumbs up!

dito.  hope so!