By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 still not maxed out, says Sony

"It is unlikely that any developer has fully utilised the full potential of PS3," says SCEE boss.
SCEE president Andrew House has said it's "unlikely" that any developer has been able to max out the capabilities of the PS3 as yet.

Speaking in a reader interview on the official PlayStation site, House said: "As with all consoles, as developers spend more and more time on the platform, they learn more, resulting in an improvement in the quality of the games.

"If you look at PlayStation 2 as an example, it took God of War II eight years into the lifecycle, to fully utilise the potential of the console."

He went on: "Already with PS3, you can see how games have evolved quickly in the three years since launch, with games such as Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, LittleBigPlanet and Heavy Rain really exploring the potential and the power of PlayStation 3."

"I think it is unlikely that any developer has fully utilised the full potential of PS3 yet, but they are getting much closer everyday."

Arguably the best-looking game on the PS3, God of War 3, was only running at about 50-60% of the game engine's potential, according to its director Stig Asmussen.

Around the Network

Yawn.

If only I had a nickel...

I'm hoping this is him hinting at something really impressive waiting for us at E3.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

i don't know what to say to that except. DAM that machine is powerful!

I see a lot of surprised people in this thread...

De Javu

Anyways I've been dying to say this for a while now ... teh c3ll !!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

How times have changed...threads like that would create a war 2 yrs ago. Now the true Xbox fans are a rarity here like endangered species.

Ldn.se said:
How times have changed...threads like that would create a war 2 yrs ago. Now the true Xbox fans are a rarity here like endangered species.

lol, Us Xbox fans have given up.

OT- Sony says one thing and their developers say another, who am i going to believe? The people who made it or the people who develope on it??????

Ill believe Sony, as most developers are just trying to Hype their games.