By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 3 says goodby to atmosphere

gamings_best said:

Rant time.....  WARNING: this rant will contain language they may not be suitable for mods, viewer discretion is strongly advised

FUCK............................FUCK........................FUCK, this has confirmed that I will not be buying this game, it's going to be a watered down generic piece of fucking mainstream shit, yeah GG you can take rainbowzone and shove it up your fucking ass, first DICE now GG, all becasue this over abundance of motherfucking bitch ass casuals, crying becasue the game is to dark, why the fuck couldn't these pieces of shit just take their asses to fucking call of duty??? games to dark GO FUCKING PLAY CALL OF DUTY, controls to tough GO FUCKING PLAY CALL OF DUTY, no these fuck faces had to come in piss all over actually good fucking games becasue it shows them just how much they fucing suck without bright colors and auto aim, what about us Guerrilla, the hardcore fans of YOUR vision. fuck us right you want the call of garbge crowd, just like DICE *sighs* wtf now next thing they'll get rid of dedicate servers for match making, and no more clan support .... *facepalm* end rant...... I'll probaly get banned for this, but fuck it had to be said.

Lots of swearing :/

Rico... is that you?

Around the Network
Smashed said:
gamings_best said:
Smashed said:
Wow some of you guys are overreacting..

You aren't buying a game because the atmosphere is different from the previous game?

That's not even gamer like, that's just utterly sad.

people like you just don't get it.....

Actually, you're very wrong.

People like me don't cry and complain over a developer changing something in the game around.

yeah exactly... you don't f**king get it........

curl-6 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Killzone 2 is better than COD. it's the best FPS on the market. all changes are to make the game better. so i welcome them.

I gotta disagree; with games like Half-Life 2, BBC2, and Bioshock out there...

i know. i just did that to see if someone would post some that are just as good. in my OP there is no better FPS, but there are bad ones! never

played half-life2, but i here it's good, and as for BBC@ and Bioshock. i haft to agree.

gamings_best said:
Smashed said:
gamings_best said:
Smashed said:

You aren't buying a game because the atmosphere is different from the previous game?

People like me don't cry and complain over a developer changing something in the game around.

Of course I get it.

Garnett said:
gamings_best said:
Garnett said:
gamings_best said:

Rant time.....  WARNING: this rant will contain language they may not be suitable for mods, viewer discretion is strongly advised
FUCK............................FUCK........................FUCK, this has confirmed that I will not be buying this game, it's going to be a watered down generic piece of fucking mainstream shit, yeah GG you can take rainbowzone and shove it up your fucking ass, first DICE now GG, all becasue this over abundance of motherfucking bitch ass casuals, crying becasue the game is to dark, why the fuck couldn't these pieces of shit just take their asses to fucking call of duty??? games to dark GO FUCKING PLAY CALL OF DUTY, controls to tough GO FUCKING PLAY CALL OF DUTY, no these fuck faces had to come in piss all over actually good fucking games becasue it shows them just how much they fucing suck without bright colors and auto aim, what about us Guerrilla, the hardcore fans of YOUR vision. fuck us right you want the call of garbge crowd, just like DICE *sighs* wtf now next thing they'll get rid of dedicate servers for match making, and no more clan support .... *facepalm* end rant...... I'll probaly get banned for this, but fuck it had to be said.
no offense, just a staring to realize I'm a member of an endangerd species, the hardcore fps gamer....

You sir, need to calm down.

Bad Company 2 is a VERY serious game, compared to the First one.

GG knows that IW and Treyarch did something right with MW and WaW, they want to adopt that success, please dont even say KZ2 is better than ANY CoD game, cause its not.

Bad Company 2 = best FPS on console, the only one that MIGHT dethron it, is Halo REACH.

And screw dark and gritty look, You dont think Crysis is considered one of the best looking games because the dark and gritty look? No its bright and colorful.

one word.............................CASUAL

What exactly is casual about Call of Duty? and what makes KZ2 hardcore?

wow did you really just ask that question..... you consider call of duty hardcore??

look dude I'd love to respond to you, I really would, but I would get banned, so very very banned,

all I'll say is........ are you f**king kidding me?

Around the Network
Smashed said:
gamings_best said:
Smashed said:
gamings_best said:
Smashed said:

Of course I get it.

ok so, explain to me in your words.... why I'm so pissed about what's is going to hapen to killzone 3, and I'll show just how much you don't get it.

Garnett said:
gamings_best said:

no offense, just a staring to realize I'm a member of an endangerd species, the hardcore fps gamer....

You sir, need to calm down.

Bad Company 2 is a VERY serious game, compared to the First one.

GG knows that IW and Treyarch did something right with MW and WaW, they want to adopt that success, please dont even say KZ2 is better than ANY CoD game, cause its not.

Bad Company 2 = best FPS on console, the only one that MIGHT dethron it, is Halo REACH.

And screw dark and gritty look, You dont think Crysis is considered one of the best looking games because the dark and gritty look? No its bright and colorful.

I was with you until the highlighted. It just sounds stupid. He's not allowed to state his opinion and complaints but it's alright for you to spit your fud like it's an absolute truth??

OT:  I'm not sure what to think about this but GG made it clear that they want the game to feel more varied. I expect (and hope) that KZ3 does have it's dark and gritty moments and it's more light hearted moments. Also hope there's some variation in the online maps aswel with this. One improvement for me though is that they're toning down the cursing. Alot of it felt extremely unnessecery in KZ2.

4 ≈ One

gamings_best said:
Smashed said:
gamings_best said:
Smashed said:
gamings_best said:
Smashed said:

Of course I get it.

ok so, explain to me in your words.... why I'm so pissed about what's is going to hapen to killzone 3, and I'll show just how much you don't get it.

I have a better idea.

How about you wait until the game actually comes out, download the demo, and if you don't like it, then don't buy it.

So silly to be screaming over a couple of screenshots and some information.

You haven't even seen any real game play or trailers yet, hell.. there isn't even a release date yet.

Overreact much?

The "lighthearted" approach is only in reference to them taking narrative cues from Uncharted 2, which should be a GOOD thing.

If you read the Gamepro scans, Herman Hulst says this about the story:

With Killzone 2, the story was centered on the massive invasion of Helghan. You're facing this giant war machine and doing your best to outgun the enemy. This time around, however, it's a great deal more like Quentin Tarantino's film Inglorious Basterds. You're left there on the planet, and the Helghast have regrouped. They have the upper hand as well as the technological advantage. They outnumber the ISA, so you must rely on your mates to survive. Killzone 3 is about harnessing every single bit of creativity you have to get out of hell alive. It's the story of David battling Goliath.

Sounds pretty grim to me. So what if the dialogue isn't as annoying and laden with foul language as its predecessor. They game's story sounds better then whatever barely coherent narrative held Killzone 2 together.

awwwww