By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 3 says goodby to atmosphere

from what i saw of the recent screenshots the game looks so much better and there is a much larger palette of color tones which is really nice to see in serious game settings im all for it

Around the Network

OP: I love your sig.

It seems like K3 will be COD'ed.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Garnett said:
gamings_best said:

Rant time.....  WARNING: this rant will contain language they may not be suitable for mods, viewer discretion is strongly advised
FUCK............................FUCK........................FUCK, this has confirmed that I will not be buying this game, it's going to be a watered down generic piece of fucking mainstream shit, yeah GG you can take rainbowzone and shove it up your fucking ass, first DICE now GG, all becasue this over abundance of motherfucking bitch ass casuals, crying becasue the game is to dark, why the fuck couldn't these pieces of shit just take their asses to fucking call of duty??? games to dark GO FUCKING PLAY CALL OF DUTY, controls to tough GO FUCKING PLAY CALL OF DUTY, no these fuck faces had to come in piss all over actually good fucking games becasue it shows them just how much they fucing suck without bright colors and auto aim, what about us Guerrilla, the hardcore fans of YOUR vision. fuck us right you want the call of garbge crowd, just like DICE *sighs* wtf now next thing they'll get rid of dedicate servers for match making, and no more clan support .... *facepalm* end rant...... I'll probaly get banned for this, but fuck it had to be said.
no offense, just a staring to realize I'm a member of an endangerd species, the hardcore fps gamer....

You sir, need to calm down.

Bad Company 2 is a VERY serious game, compared to the First one.

GG knows that IW and Treyarch did something right with MW and WaW, they want to adopt that success, please dont even say KZ2 is better than ANY CoD game, cause its not.

Bad Company 2 = best FPS on console, the only one that MIGHT dethron it, is Halo REACH.

And screw dark and gritty look, You dont think Crysis is considered one of the best looking games because the dark and gritty look? No its bright and colorful.

one word.............................CASUAL

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Killzone 2 is better than COD. it's the best FPS on the market. all changes are to make the game better. so i welcome them.

I gotta disagree; with games like Half-Life 2, BBC2, and Bioshock out there...

Wow some of you guys are overreacting..

You aren't buying a game because the atmosphere is different from the previous game?

That's not even gamer like, that's just utterly sad.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
OP: I love your sig.

It seems like K3 will be COD'ed.

Nah, everything from Killzone 2 will return (including cover). It will just have a broader sense of scale and intensity than it's predecessor. The combat (particularly the gunplay) remains unchanged, besides some tweaking. To be like Call of Duty, it can't be anything like Killzone, if you will.

I dunno... no swearing, the control adjustments, a brighter atmosphere... I don't know about "COD" but it definitely sounds like a departure from the "Killzone" vibe.

I'm sorry but I can't take you seriously. Hardcore FPS gamer a dying breed? It's been dead since Halo dude. The last "truly hardcore" FPS was Unreal Tournament 2004, and even then it was on it's last legs.

Don't get me wrong, Golden Eye and Perfect Dark almost killed it, but it was Halo that destroyed it and pummeled it into the ground.

Killzone 2 is the game you let your mom play. Me? I'm gonna go play some Quake.

Smashed said:

You aren't buying a game because the atmosphere is different from the previous game?

people like you just don't get it.....

gamings_best said:
Garnett said:
gamings_best said:

Rant time.....  WARNING: this rant will contain language they may not be suitable for mods, viewer discretion is strongly advised
FUCK............................FUCK........................FUCK, this has confirmed that I will not be buying this game, it's going to be a watered down generic piece of fucking mainstream shit, yeah GG you can take rainbowzone and shove it up your fucking ass, first DICE now GG, all becasue this over abundance of motherfucking bitch ass casuals, crying becasue the game is to dark, why the fuck couldn't these pieces of shit just take their asses to fucking call of duty??? games to dark GO FUCKING PLAY CALL OF DUTY, controls to tough GO FUCKING PLAY CALL OF DUTY, no these fuck faces had to come in piss all over actually good fucking games becasue it shows them just how much they fucing suck without bright colors and auto aim, what about us Guerrilla, the hardcore fans of YOUR vision. fuck us right you want the call of garbge crowd, just like DICE *sighs* wtf now next thing they'll get rid of dedicate servers for match making, and no more clan support .... *facepalm* end rant...... I'll probaly get banned for this, but fuck it had to be said.
no offense, just a staring to realize I'm a member of an endangerd species, the hardcore fps gamer....

You sir, need to calm down.

Bad Company 2 is a VERY serious game, compared to the First one.

GG knows that IW and Treyarch did something right with MW and WaW, they want to adopt that success, please dont even say KZ2 is better than ANY CoD game, cause its not.

Bad Company 2 = best FPS on console, the only one that MIGHT dethron it, is Halo REACH.

And screw dark and gritty look, You dont think Crysis is considered one of the best looking games because the dark and gritty look? No its bright and colorful.

one word.............................CASUAL

What exactly is casual about Call of Duty? and what makes KZ2 hardcore?

gamings_best said:
Smashed said:

people like you just don't get it.....

Actually, you're very wrong.

People like me don't cry and complain over a developer changing something in the game around.