By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If there is a 360 slim, will the current hard-drive fit it?

Tanstalas said:
ironman said:
Tanstalas said:
Garnett said:
Tanstalas said:
Garnett said:

Im predicting that

1. A transfer cable will be included.
  2. Your Current HDD can be connected through a USB cord. It will connect from your old HDD to a USB slot.
  3. The new slim 360 will have a built in HDD of 250 gigs.

I laughed at your #1 point for 2 reasons

1. M$ will not give you something for free that they can charge you for
  2. I don't think a ton of people will buy a slim just because it is a 'slim' - hence no reason to include a cable (ie: if you buy a console it is probably your first console, hence no reason for a transfer cable) I imagine there ARE people out there that will buy a slim just beacuse it is new, in which case they can spend the extra $ on the transfer cable :P

1. Who said its free? Your buying the console, its included.

2. People want a slim console, i dont konw why but they do. Look at the attention that the PS3 slim got.

1. Riiiiiiight..  I guess kind of like how they include the HDMI cable when you buy the console... oh wait.. nevermind :P
  2. The PS3 Slim also had a HUGE pricecut, I don't know any of my friends who went out and replaced their PS3 for the slim model when their PS3 they had worked fine..  And like I said, if they want a slim console they will buy a transfer cable.. Think of it from Microsoft's point of view, 3 possible reasons why people buy a slim:

A)Don't own a 360 (In this case why would they need a transfer cable?)
B)Microsoft is the shit and I'm going to blow $300 on another 360 console even though I already have one (Well, since $300 isn't anything to them, they can pay another $20 for a cable) 
C)Replacing a broken 360 (Sweet another console sale, and we will screw them again by making them pay for a transfer cable) 

Remember you are talking about the company that makes you pay $60 a year to play the games you BOUGHT online, pay $170 for a 250 GB HDD, $100 for a wi-fi adapter, I forget how much the HD-DVD drive was...  Yeah they sound like a company that loves giving you stuff for free :P

You are silly,You can play games online through sites like XBC for free...And you are not paying to play games, you are paying for a service that is quite frankly, second to none...and if you are paying $60.00 a year, you are an idiot.

Oh, and people are getting down on you because you obviously have a bone to pick with MS because thus far, you have said nothing positive about them. 

@scottie...smaller consoles use smaller components which use less electricity and give off less heat. 

@ - I must admit, I had not heard of this service before, and I can tell you that probably all of my friends have not either

@ - Pretty sure this is the price, maybe it's $55 - futureshop and bestbuy are down right now so cannot tell for sure, and why would I be an idiot for paying for my gold membership?  If you say it's because you can get deals if you shop around - that is a stupid reason, I'd rather pick it up when it comes due for renewal rather than wait for a deal...  I got a deal on the last one I bought, was like $50 for 13 months, but haven't seen that deal since

@ - While I may not have said anything "positive" about Microsoft, I really haven't said anything negative about them either, if you re-read all my posts I was just stating facts.  Nowhere did I say Microsoft sucks or anything like that.  I think you just got your back up against the wall as I pointed out stuff that M$ makes you pay for that I find stupid, and that they should include for free, or at least not at a ridiculous price.  Really $100 for a wifi adapter, $170 for a 250gig hard drive?  Are you going to defend them on that?  Sure they are a company trying to make money, but those prices are insane for what you are getting.

@ Heresay. The fact of the matter is, XBC and other sites like it do exist.

@ A 30 second google search, none of these are "special prices" Sorry, but as I said before, if anybody pays $60.00 for live, they are an idiot.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=XBL+gold+12+month&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=14464955610532046397&ei=cOv8S6qmKIP78AbK-LS9Cw&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CDQQ8wIwAg#

@ You have spent this entire thread bashing MS...while some of your points are valid, many are full of fail and are really nonissues that only the most radical MS haters use. BTW, I don't mind you hating on MS...as long as you hate on the other companies as well...and I'm just not getting that vibe from you.  

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network

They can make it so that the HDD slaps on the side of the machine (machine is standing vertically), instead of the top. Put a cover plate, if you don't use it.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
ironman said:
@ A 30 second google search, none of these are "special prices" Sorry, but as I said before, if anybody pays $60.00 for live, they are an idiot.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=XBL+gold+12+month&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=14464955610532046397&ei=cOv8S6qmKIP78AbK-LS9Cw&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CDQQ8wIwAg#

Ahh, I see where the disconnect comes from now, you assumed I was American because you are?  No, sadly, I am north of you, and even though our currencies are close to par with each other we still pay more than you.  amazon.CA is the cheapest I can see at $55
And pretty sure futureshop and bestbuy are $60

EDIT: So I guess because I am Canadian and have to pay more than you that's what makes me an idiot... 

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Am I the only one that thinks if a slim exists, they'll design it to include a method to attach the existing hard drive. They'll just design around it. They'd be retarded not to.

Or maybe rather than slim they'll make an X-box 360 "squished".

They'll probably release some additional device for connecting old hard drives.

Around the Network
Tanstalas said:
ironman said:

Ahh, I see where the disconnect comes from now, you assumed I was American because you are?  No, sadly, I am north of you, and even though our currencies are close to par with each other we still pay more than you.  amazon.CA is the cheapest I can see at $55
And pretty sure futureshop and bestbuy are $60

EDIT: So I guess because I am Canadian and have to pay more than you that's what makes me an idiot... 

Ah, I see so you are unable to shop around and actually do some research to find the best price...my point still stands.

And the fact that you are Canadian certainly explains a lot <.<...>.>...O.o JK

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Simply put, no I don't think they will.

I don't think it'll matter either, I think if slim does exist, they'll all have decent size HDD's, lowest being 60.

Seece said:
Simply put, no I don't think they will.

I don't think it'll matter either, I think if slim does exist, they'll all have decent size HDD's, lowest being 60.

seecee, i think there will be a slim 360, but will be more of a subtle redesign, surely they can chop size here and there.

the biggest stumbling block would have to be the HDD no way could they make a new 360 that makes all previous HDD disfunct it just wont happen, therefore i stick to my opinion that it will be a subtle redesign not an outright slim model.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I think something like this would be OK;
http://www.engadget.com/2006/04/11/datel-xsata-connects-xbox-360-to-pc-via-usb/

Skeeuk said:

the biggest stumbling block would have to be the HDD no way could they make a new 360 that makes all previous HDD disfunct it just wont happen

A logical conclustion, yet the leaked photos of the motherboard that has cultivated all the slim rumors seem to suggest just that.