By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If there is a 360 slim, will the current hard-drive fit it?

Garnett said:
Tanstalas said:
Garnett said:

Im predicting that

1. A transfer cable will be included.
  2. Your Current HDD can be connected through a USB cord. It will connect from your old HDD to a USB slot.
  3. The new slim 360 will have a built in HDD of 250 gigs.

I laughed at your #1 point for 2 reasons

1. M$ will not give you something for free that they can charge you for
  2. I don't think a ton of people will buy a slim just because it is a 'slim' - hence no reason to include a cable (ie: if you buy a console it is probably your first console, hence no reason for a transfer cable) I imagine there ARE people out there that will buy a slim just beacuse it is new, in which case they can spend the extra $ on the transfer cable :P

1. Who said its free? Your buying the console, its included.

2. People want a slim console, i dont konw why but they do. Look at the attention that the PS3 slim got.

1. Riiiiiiight..  I guess kind of like how they include the HDMI cable when you buy the console... oh wait.. nevermind :P
  2. The PS3 Slim also had a HUGE pricecut, I don't know any of my friends who went out and replaced their PS3 for the slim model when their PS3 they had worked fine..  And like I said, if they want a slim console they will buy a transfer cable.. Think of it from Microsoft's point of view, 3 possible reasons why people buy a slim:

A)Don't own a 360 (In this case why would they need a transfer cable?)
B)Microsoft is the shit and I'm going to blow $300 on another 360 console even though I already have one (Well, since $300 isn't anything to them, they can pay another $20 for a cable) 
C)Replacing a broken 360 (Sweet another console sale, and we will screw them again by making them pay for a transfer cable) 

Remember you are talking about the company that makes you pay $60 a year to play the games you BOUGHT online, pay $170 for a 250 GB HDD, $100 for a wi-fi adapter, I forget how much the HD-DVD drive was...  Yeah they sound like a company that loves giving you stuff for free :P

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Around the Network
Tanstalas said:
Garnett said:
Tanstalas said:
Garnett said:

Im predicting that

2. Your Current HDD can be connected through a USB cord. It will connect from your old HDD to a USB slot.

2. I don't think a ton of people will buy a slim just because it is a 'slim' - hence no reason to include a cable (ie: if you buy a console it is probably your first console, hence no reason for a transfer cable) I imagine there ARE people out there that will buy a slim just beacuse it is new, in which case they can spend the extra $ on the transfer cable :P

2. People want a slim console, i dont konw why but they do. Look at the attention that the PS3 slim got.

1. Riiiiiiight..  I guess kind of like how they include the HDMI cable when you buy the console... oh wait.. nevermind :P
  2. The PS3 Slim also had a HUGE pricecut, I don't know any of my friends who went out and replaced their PS3 for the slim model when their PS3 they had worked fine..  And like I said, if they want a slim console they will buy a transfer cable.. Think of it from Microsoft's point of view, 3 possible reasons why people buy a slim:

B)Microsoft is the shit and I'm going to blow $300 on another 360 console even though I already have one (Well, since $300 isn't anything to them, they can pay another $20 for a cable) 
C)Replacing a broken 360 (Sweet another console sale, and we will screw them again by making them pay for a transfer cable) 

Remember you are talking about the company that makes you pay $60 a year to play the games you BOUGHT online, pay $170 for a 250 GB HDD, $100 for a wi-fi adapter, I forget how much the HD-DVD drive was...  Yeah they sound like a company that loves giving you stuff for free :P

1. They did include HDMI before, not many people used them. Trust me if MS does make a slim they will include it, too many people have the current HDD to just make them buy a new one.

2. You dont think the 360 can get a price cut? It can get a $50 price cut.

B) People bought another PS3 just because its Slim, trust me when i say they will do the same thing with the 360.

Its no secret that MS loves to charge us, but once again too many people have the Current HDD.

Garnett said:
Tanstalas said:
Garnett said:

Im predicting that

no it wont be included, it's microsoft, they will charge you to use your old HDD.

Tanstalas said:

Im laughing at your points for one reason, they already give away the transfer cable for free if you ask for one.

Tease.

i dont think there will be a slim as such theres no point, there will be a redesign of the console though, it can be slimmer and use same HDD

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
TheNoobHolocaust said:
I honestly don't think there will be a 360 slim but if there was one, this would be a big problem for me.

I believe it's coming. It would be dumb for MS not to release one. With Natal, it would be a nice way to appeal to the casual audience, and kind of relaunch the console without actually needing a new console. Sony did it to great success, and I can't see MS not noticing that.

I also believe 50 dollars HD I just bought will be obsolete garbage in about 3 months, so I just have to live with that.

Sony didn't have the same problems with consoles overheating - if you make the case smaller, the components must be closer together and airflow is restricted. I'm not saying it wont happen (infact, I predict it will) but its not as obvious as you make it seem

kowenicki said:
Tanstalas said:
Garnett said:
Tanstalas said:
Garnett said:

Im predicting that

So you spout all of this garbage even though MS gave away free transfer cables before for people that bought a 120GB HDD... do some research.

Oh and wasnt it the PS3 that originally shipped wihtout a HDMI cable.... ?    

Your hatred is making your bias overwhelming.

I never said that the PS3 came with an HDMI cable, why did you bring that up?  I just said the 360 didn't. 

And I don't know where you got the whole bias and hatred thing from..  I own a 360, and I actually have more games for my 360 than my PS3.  Also, I am surprised you didn't mention that they also give away the transfer kits when you buy the HDD for the 360.  The reason they probably gave away the transfer kits when the elite came out was because of all the bad publicity they had from the whole RROD thing (they extended the warranty on the 360's around the same time the elites launched I believe)

As well, Microsoft was originally not going to offer the transfer kit for free as their rationale was was that the Elite is intended for consumers who hadn't purchased a 360 yet, so no transfer should be necessary.  Only after people bitched and moaned about it did Microsoft finally say they would send you one, however, you had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get one; to get the cable, you had to download, print, and fill out an ‘authorization form', with both the consoles serial numbers, then send it US mail to Indiana. Then the data transfer kit will come in the mail.

I don't know about you, but rather than do all of that I would rather just go pay the $20 to just get the kit.  It's like a mail-in rebate, I can't remember the stats on how many people actually take advantage of those offers, but I know it is very low.

I think you are just baiting me to make some crazy response, all I did was say that I didn't think that microsoft would include the transfer kit with the new console.  They may bring back the "call us and we will send you one" thing they did with the elite, but I doubt it.  Regardless - I stick by my opinion that they will not include it with the new slim, if it even does come out.

Tanstalas said:
Garnett said:
Tanstalas said:
Garnett said:

Im predicting that

You are silly,You can play games online through sites like XBC for free...And you are not paying to play games, you are paying for a service that is quite frankly, second to none...and if you are paying $60.00 a year, you are an idiot.

Oh, and people are getting down on you because you obviously have a bone to pick with MS because thus far, you have said nothing positive about them. 

@scottie...smaller consoles use smaller components which use less electricity and give off less heat. 

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

I am prediciting that the 360 slim just is not coming. Microsoft make a slim machine? That's just a LOL ;)

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

ironman said:
Tanstalas said:
Garnett said:
Tanstalas said:
Garnett said:

Im predicting that

You are silly,You can play games online through sites like XBC for free...And you are not paying to play games, you are paying for a service that is quite frankly, second to none...and if you are paying $60.00 a year, you are an idiot.

Oh, and people are getting down on you because you obviously have a bone to pick with MS because thus far, you have said nothing positive about them. 

@scottie...smaller consoles use smaller components which use less electricity and give off less heat. 

@ - I must admit, I had not heard of this service before, and I can tell you that probably all of my friends have not either

@ - Pretty sure this is the price, maybe it's $55 - futureshop and bestbuy are down right now so cannot tell for sure, and why would I be an idiot for paying for my gold membership?  If you say it's because you can get deals if you shop around - that is a stupid reason, I'd rather pick it up when it comes due for renewal rather than wait for a deal...  I got a deal on the last one I bought, was like $50 for 13 months, but haven't seen that deal since

@ - While I may not have said anything "positive" about Microsoft, I really haven't said anything negative about them either, if you re-read all my posts I was just stating facts.  Nowhere did I say Microsoft sucks or anything like that.  I think you just got your back up against the wall as I pointed out stuff that M$ makes you pay for that I find stupid, and that they should include for free, or at least not at a ridiculous price.  Really $100 for a wifi adapter, $170 for a 250gig hard drive?  Are you going to defend them on that?  Sure they are a company trying to make money, but those prices are insane for what you are getting.