By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Google and Sony Top List of the World's Most Reputable Companies

Nintendo's not in the list since they werent one of the biggest companies worldwide, you had to make over a certain revenue amount to be considered for the list.

MS and sony both sold enough Software and TVs etc

All bow to me the VGChartz current reigning 3DS prediction champion 

Bet with tbone51: Pokeon X & pokemon Y will not sell more than 8 million in 2013

jarrod said:The Xbox360 or ps3 will not sell more than 75million units

July 2009 daveJ saidTrue the wii has a large lead now but by 2017 the most likely result will be 1. ps3 2. xbox360 3. wii <-- wii's successor launched in 2011 effectively killing sales of the wii

2009 daveJ said: The wii will not break the 50% marketshare barrier it will go below the 40% marketshare barrier though in the future. VGChartz members: Impossible, youre an idiot that knows nothing about sales

Around the Network
Seece said:
No UK companys :(

I'm very surprised that the BBC isn't in there, you know, having created the vast majority of the world's good television and all.

leo-j said:
I disagree...

people are starting to feel that samsung is a better company that sony..

I can tell with the way people are buying things in best buy

The only problem with your post is that. They are not just talking about your area and to some extent the whole US but the whole world.

Wtf,Disney?!!

That's a strange list.

Ah I see! The list was preselected according to the company's reputation in their home country, so according to this study it doesn't matter how much the world likes you if your home country doesn't think that much of you then you won't get on the list.

Around the Network
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
Wtf,Disney?!!

why shouldn't Disney be on the list?

Grimes said:
I have a hard time believing Nestle has the third highest ranking in North America. Most people in the US & Canada only know of Nestle making chocolate milk.

Anybody that does even a little of bit of cooking knows Nestle.  They're the biggest name in chocolate in the country.  If you like to make cookies, cakes, etc. you know Nestle.

a12331 said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
Wtf,Disney?!!

Cause it sucks pur and simple?Imo.

axumblade said:
leo-j said:
I disagree...

people are starting to feel that samsung is a better company that sony..

I can tell with the way people are buying things in best buy

You can't tell how 24 countries feel about Samsung and Sony by what you observed being sold in a Best Buy....That's 1 business out of countless other businesses, some of which are in countries that Best Buy's aren't in. Not only that but you're probably looking at a limited spectrum (Televisions). Samsung may be at the top of the game for televisions but they still have a lot of growing to do in other departments for the time being. Sony still have brand recognition for most of their products (Playstation, Vaio, Ericcson, Bravia, & Walkman), which is really what seems to be driving most of the titles in the top portion of the list.

You're thinking too small. Sony is a lot bigger than just their electronics business. Sony Music Entertainment is the second largest record music company in the world after Universal Music. Michael Jackson, Beyonce Knowles, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Johnny Cash, Brittany Spears, Madonna, Bob Dylan, Elvis Presley, Justin Timberlake, Journey, Pearl Jam, Usher, and the list goes on. They're all Sony artists. And then there is Sony Pictures Entertainment which is the fourth biggest film studio after Warner Bros, 20th Century Fox, and Paramount. Sony has their hands dipped in so many markets it's crazy. Hell, in Japan Sony Financial Holdings offers life insurance!

ChrisIsNotSexy said:
a12331 said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
Wtf,Disney?!!

Cause it sucks pur and simple?Imo.

i respect your opinion, but disney does deserve to be on the list since they appeal to everyone.