By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DS and PS3 Buildings: Coming Soon

You'll need hundreds or even thousands to play games on these

In the pictures below, construction progresses on buildings shaped like a Nintendo DS, the PS3, and the NES respectively. Or at least it seems that way. The images are actually the work of Joseph Ford, a photographer who specializes in fulfilling fantasy through Photoshop

Zoom

Zoom

Zoom

But the credit doesn't belong solely to Ford, who relied on a little help from 3D modeler Antoine Mairot to make these geek-friendly whimsies a virtual reality. Someone called Mohamed Barech also pitched in as artistic director, with Francis Brochenin responsible for some photo retouching.

At least that's what Google Translate says, because our source is in French (maybe we can get some help from the BoM head office?). Regardless of whoever's really behind the project, If I Were President is a very apt title for the photo series. Nothing says you want to change reality more than wishing you were a nation's chief executive.

Of the three, only the DS seems to have a useful purpose, other than being a potential tourist attraction. The "screen" is actually a series of solar cells bunched together. Perhaps another design could make use of the space as a large-format display.

Would you like to see a building shaped like a gaming console? What about buildings shaped like famous gadgets? Let us know in the comments below.

If I Were President

Around the Network

WOW!!

lol the ps3 one looks the most realistic to tell ya'll the truth

I will own you! :D

Lol, PS3 looks excatly like a real building!

Nintendo could make that NES building and turn it into a museum! I'd travel to see that!

The PS3 one looks like a freaking Suite. The NES looks really good; it be really cool to live in that.

Around the Network

the PS3 one looks pretty fancy

PS3 and NES ones look pretty.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

I want to play elite beat agents on that ds.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http://www.amusement.fr/index.php%3F/gallery/if-i-were-president/&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1

Pretty amazing!