By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Vietnam won or lost?

Vietnam won or lost?

America lost 65 81.25%

American won 9 11.25%

Its a draw 6 7.50%

Total:80

it was a bitter-sweet victory that didn't seem worth it in retrospect.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

Around the Network
vonboysp said:
it was a bitter-sweet victory that didn't seem worth it in retrospect.

Exactly how did USA win according to you?

Vietnam and Korea were unfortunately caught in the power struggle between the United States and Soviet Union. The United States made the mistake of supporting the return of Vietnam as a French colony and then were forced to support an unpopular pro-West dictator when the Communist independence movement gained majority support from the populous.

So yeah, America lost..

ManusJustus said:
Vietnam and Korea were unfortunately caught in the power struggle between the United States and Soviet Union. The United States made the mistake of supporting the return of Vietnam as a French colony and then were forced to support an unpopular pro-West dictator when the Communist independence movement gained majority support from the populous.

So yeah, America lost..

Didn't the USA also assassinate that particular dictator?

Samus Aran said:
ManusJustus said:

So yeah, America lost..

Didn't the USA also assassinate that particular dictator?

Diem initially had support from the United States, but he ended up being very unpopular in both North and South Vietnam.  There was suppose to be an election in 1956 to see who would lead a unified Vietnam, but Eisenhower and Diem didn't allow these elections to go forth.  As Eisenhower said, "if elections were to occur, Ho Chi Minh would win 80 percent of the vote."