By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Vietnam won or lost?

Vietnam won or lost?

America lost 65 81.25%

American won 9 11.25%

Its a draw 6 7.50%

Total:80

Just because more people in Vietnam died then American soldiers doesn't mean you won the war.

If that would be true then the Soviet Union lost world war II. They lost more men in the battle of Stalingrad alone then the USA/UK together during the WHOLE war.

USA lost because of so many reasons.

Around the Network

The US pulled out without meeting their objective and also left neighbouring Cambodia in a state of genocide when they left them to the Khmer Rouge. So yes, a loss.

FootballFan said:
Lostplanet22 said:
FootballFan said:
Lostplanet22 said:

In a war their are no winners. Only losers.

Btw I remembered we learned the UK also treated to put pressure on the dollar something that is related during the Suez war when USA treated to put pressure on the £.

NO!

So what did the Uk won during the last wars?

VICTORY
Operation Iraqi Freedom - March 19, 2003
Britain and coalition forces invade and remove Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein from power.

http://www.militaryfactory.com/battles/english_military_victories.asp

I think the question was more "what did we win" than "when" we won. It got rid of Saddam Hussein, but that didn't mean much for the British people as he didn't have WMDs and there was no evidence that he was supporting terrorists. In fact, Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda were polar opposites as to put it simply, Saddam Hussein disregarded religious rules as much as he disregarded life.

The only thing we possibly "won" was access to more oil.

Scoobes said:
FootballFan said:
Lostplanet22 said:
FootballFan said:
Lostplanet22 said:

Btw I remembered we learned the UK also treated to put pressure on the dollar something that is related during the Suez war when USA treated to put pressure on the £.

NO!

VICTORY
Britain and coalition forces invade and remove Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein from power.

I think the question was more "what did we win" than "when" we won. It got rid of Saddam Hussein, but that didn't mean much for the British people as he didn't have WMDs and there was no evidence that he was supporting terrorists. In fact, Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda were polar opposites as to put it simply, Saddam Hussein disregarded religious rules as much as he disregarded life.

In the World Wars we won our freedom....therefore we succeeded and Germany was defeated.

FootballFan said:
Scoobes said:
FootballFan said:
Lostplanet22 said:
FootballFan said:
Lostplanet22 said:

NO!

VICTORY

In the World Wars we won our freedom....therefore we succeeded and Germany was defeated.

Not arguing that one, just your previous example.

Around the Network
FootballFan said:
Scoobes said:
FootballFan said:
Lostplanet22 said:
FootballFan said:
Lostplanet22 said:

NO!

VICTORY

UK lost in the world wars, USA won.

Samus Aran said:
FootballFan said:
Scoobes said:
FootballFan said:
Lostplanet22 said:
FootballFan said:
Lostplanet22 said:

NO!

VICTORY

UK lost in the world wars, USA won.

Excuse me? We were called allies for a reason.

FootballFan said:
Scoobes said:
FootballFan said:
Lostplanet22 said:
FootballFan said:
Lostplanet22 said:

NO!

VICTORY

You had no freedom before the world war? The war was necissary to get your freedom?

Lostplanet22 said:
FootballFan said:

You had no freedom before the world war? The war was necissary to get your freedom?

If by freedom you mean the freedom of normal citizens to get bombed on a regular basis. It wasn't exactly like Britain could stay out of World War 2 now was it?

America invaded and they were forced to pull out before the job was done...America lost.

I gotta hand it to Vietnam, they know how to defend their country. They also kicked France's ass out of the country too (not that that took a lot of effort!)