By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Does anyone think PS3 can realistically get to second place?

S.T.A.G.E. said:

The US is yielding higher sales to the PS3 now that the price dropped and the slim was released. The 360 has always only had the US over every other place in the world when it came to the war against Sony. Now the tides are turning and they are turning for the worst. If Microsoft doesn't do something fast with its game selection the PS3 will overtake them in 1.5-2 years. If anyone cannot see the change in the tide they're blind or just plain crazy. E3 is what matters, because it makes and breaks your year.

That's not true... 360 also traditionally led Canada, Australia, the UK and Korea as well.  Dunno if that's still the case in those regions, but the US was hardly ever it's single leading market.

Around the Network

Seeing how Gamespot and IGN have wrote that the Natal will cost $149 as a stand alone, and $299 with an Arcade bundle, I doubt anybody will be willing to pay 149 for the Natal. Also the rumors are that the Move will be priced around 59.99. According to the comments left on the page there aren't that many people people who are going to by the Natal if it is priced that high, so by the looks of it i think the ps3 will come out on top.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1093037p1.html

http://shogungamer.com/news/playstation-move-pricing-details-leaked

http://cuthut.com/jGY

See all 12 rounds of 360 vs ps3

The PS3 has a LOT going for it in 2010:

-premium PSN services allowing another source of revenue which is always nice

-PSP2 (probably and I think that it will be a smash hit)

- Google TV

-greater market share and developer support

-Move

lilyusi said:

Seeing how Gamespot and IGN have wrote that the Natal will cost $149 as a stand alone, and $299 with an Arcade bundle, I doubt anybody will be willing to pay 149 for the Natal. Also the rumors are that the Move will be priced around 59.99. According to the comments left on the page there aren't that many people people who are going to by the Natal if it is priced that high, so by the looks of it i think the ps3 will come out on top.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1093037p1.html

http://shogungamer.com/news/playstation-move-pricing-details-leaked

You only need one Natal though.

Ping_ii said:
ironman said:
Ping_ii said:
Less than 5m gap and going down......keep denying its possible.

Yes, because the current sales trends will continue until the end of this gen *rolls eyes* Keep dreaming kiddo.

Yes your right this current sales trend right now will not remain the same, PS3 sales could explode again like last year and close the gap even faster same for xbox...but yeah keep being in denial that its very possible for ps3 to get 2nd place boy.

Is the PS3 getting another $100 price drop and a Super-Slim revision?  No?  Then it's not going to explode like last year.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

I don't understand why some still insist that Blu-Ray is the main reason the PS3 is selling so well, an old argument that died a while ago. It maybe the deciding factor for a small number but it ain't going to account for the sales boost the PS3 is seeing now.

Will PS3 overtake the 360? Who cares? So long as PS3 sales remain strong and hold there own against Natal then the PS3 will remain the best selling console in Japan and Others. The U.S. does its own thing, can't blame them for wanting to support an American product.

gottalovethis said:

I don't understand why some still insist that Blu-Ray is the main reason the PS3 is selling so well, an old argument that died a while ago. It maybe the deciding factor for a small number but it ain't going to account for the sales boost the PS3 is seeing now.

There was a study posted here a while back on PS3 users, and I beleive Blu-Ray was a big reason for them buying the product.

The sales boost is all price cut, and it isn't holding up very well.

Smashchu2 said:
gottalovethis said:

There was a study posted here a while back on PS3 users, and I beleive Blu-Ray was a big reason for them buying the product.

the biggest reason was the price cut though and the sales stayed steady for months until like late april, what you talking about not holding up very well.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
Smashchu2 said:
gottalovethis said:

the biggest reason was the price cut though and the sales stayed steady for months until like late april, what you talking about not holding up very well.

I'd go look at the charts, but, woe is me, VGChartz doesn't have them anymore.

From what I remember, the PS3 got a jump in late 09 and early 2010, but began to fail pretty hard. It's the Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility. The more you do something, the less benefit it gives.

e

Last edited by RaymondK8 - on 31 August 2021