By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Why is VGChartz your favorite gaming site?

For me I like checking out how my favorite games are doing at retail and reading the articles here are almost always entertaining especially the vg  top ten ones.

However my favorite thing about this site would to be that it's Free :)

So why is VGChartz your much loved gaming site of choice?

Around the Network

Wouldn't this thread be better titled "Is VGC your favorite gaming site?"? Because this certainty isn't mine...

Though it used to be for the great community and threads. Which both seem to be gone now

Most of the members have an IQ over 80.

Also, it's not spamming "LOLYOURSYSTEMSUCKSANDMINEISAWESOME" nonsense.

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
Most of the members have an IQ over 80.

Also, it's not spamming "LOLYOURSYSTEMSUCKSANDMINEISAWESOME" nonsense.

Most of the time anyway lol.

More on topic: always been a numbers guy, curious about stats. I'd be curious about shit like how many times do you blink in a day, etc. Hence, vgchartz really hits the spot.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

I don't know... i feel this page has something different...

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
Around the Network

Hmm...that's a good question. I love statistics and video games so this site has the best of both worlds for me :).

It's actually not my favorite gaming site.

-The layout is clunky and full of Ads. It is a bit annoying that if you click anywhere on the background it takes you to an advertisement for those shirts which aren't that good in my opinion

-A lot of the news article are ripped straight from sites like N4G and aren't really news when they're uploaded.

-Too many redundant threads are made. At some points you have the sales on the right of the page, a thread for U.S., Others, Japan and Worldwide discussing the sales. And then a news article with a round up.

-If you're looking at a page not logged in and log in it doesn't take you back to the page.

Having said that, I do like this site. I enjoy looking at the estimated sales and the estimated preorders. I think it is interesting and fun to follow.

There's numberz!!! And I find the community more civilized than most other sites.

forest-spirit said:
There's numberz!!! And I find the community more civilized than most other sites.

Agreed the weekly numbers are great and this site does have a wholesome community of civilized users.

Well, when I first came to this site I found tons of intresting topics like Gaming,Sales,Reviews etc. So I decided to sign up for VGchartz. The community here in VGchartz are quite friendly as well.