By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360's last place finish

rocketpig said:
Mummelmann said:

You gentlemen seem to forget that regardless of the lowest price tags in history, very few people wanted an original X-Box, why should the 360 be different?

The 360 has an image issue; it's an American product and will never shake that tag or overshadow it with any amount of great games or low prices. I don't think 360 sales will surpass X-box sales by much really.

You're completely ignoring the fact that the PS2 always had a larger marketshare and received price cuts first. The original Xbox was always playing catchup. This time around, the tables are turned on Sony.

Yes, but Sony had a smash hit with the original Playstation which paved the road for the PS2. Its hard to imagine that Playstations success had nothing to do with PS2's success, right?  The original X-box had measly sales, so the brand was not a smash hit to begin with like the PS brand, which leaves a bigger chance of the 360 following in its predecessors footsteps I think.

Of course, it is not written in stone, but seems likely to me. People never really loved the X-box concept, and by and large, they still don't. 

Around the Network
darthdevidem said:
I have ALWAYS said

if 360 CAN'T beat ps3 By a LARGE margin in 08 Holidays then it won't come 2nd when all is said and done

this year it has HALO 3, MASS EFFECT, bioshock & many other great games

if not now then when??

People have such short term and selective memories.  Before November 15, 2001, MS had never even attempted a console.  They essentially came out of left field with a vision of capturing a piece of the huge and ever expanding video game market.  Their first generation console lost a whole lot of money, and ended up capturing about 15% of the market.  Their next console currently has about 50% of the market in the all important US market.  Yes, that number will change in the coming years, and the system has been out a full year longer, but the fact that games division is finally turning a profit and has increased their market share is huge for MS.

No, the 360 will not win this generation.  But MS actually has a shot of making some money this gen, and have put out some really great games.  It was Sony's market share to lose, and they have.  Cut MS some slack and try to remember that they've only been in the console market for 6 years. 

Grimboyjr said:
hunter_alien said:
This year was Microsofts ...with all the huge games they had ... and even in this way , and the huge price difference the PS3 could still hold up nicely . Than next year the PS3 will get his really , really big guns , plus it starts the year with a great suply and an acceptable price ... are you still thinking that who will be last ?

Why do people say the PS3 will have next year?

Its like people are saying 360 and Wii are going to die in sales and have no software. I totally disagree with your post.

It is because all the great software for the 360 is being pulled from the market January 1st and developers have stopped targeting the 360 platform and now using XBOX capabilities as the target.

Libraries sell systems not individual games