By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Miyamoto gets top three rated games of all time on Gamerankings!

Behold the brilliance of Shigeru Miyamoto. At the time of me creating this thread, the top three games of all time on Gamerankings are games created by him and his team.

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html

This situation will probably change as more reviews come in, but I'd like to take this moment and reflect on what a great achievement this really is. In my humble opinion, Shigeru Miyamoto is one of the greatest creative geniuses the world has ever known, and he's right at the top of his game.

Long live the King.

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network

Congrats. I've played 2 or the 3 games and they are some of the most fun I've had playing a video game. One in particular remains the Greatest Game of All time for me. : )

Hint:It came out during November...oh yeah they both did..well Michael Jordan won his last Ring during that year ; )

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Great list, till I saw GTA IV at #4. Cannot take anything seriously if thats is there.

Once Zelda Wii comes out there's the possibility Miyamoto takes 4 out of the first 5 spots...that would be epic!

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Wow that's awesome. He'd have the top 4 games too, if GTA4 wasn't so "Oscar-worthy" in April 2008, but forgettable by December 2008's game of the year awards.

Around the Network

Obviously the gaming media is biased against Nintendo.

Wait a tick...

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I hope galaxy 2 doesn't drop below gta 4.......

He is why Nintendo will always be king.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

WarmachineX said:

Miyamoto isn't immortal you know?

But yes, props to the most talented gamedesigner of all times, who can still surprise me even after all these years.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

aragod said:
WarmachineX said:

Miyamoto isn't immortal you know?

But yes, props to the most talented gamedesigner of all times, who can still surprise me even after all these years.

Are you sure?  Or maybe Nintendo has invested in cloning.

But this also should show that anyone who should top the any list of top game designers of all time.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV