By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Sheesha ( or Hookah)! Who else likes it !?

Well it's smoking, so it's not 70% healthy, it's 0% healthy.  Let's not kid ourselves.

That being said, I do enjoy a good shisha from time to time.  :)  I've unfortunately only been to a hookah bar once, as my girlfriend hates anything having to do with smoking, but it was a great experience.  Easier than smoking a cigar, and just as enjoyable.  And hookah smoking, like cigar smoking, usually isn't an addiction, so it's not going to be as bad for you as smoking a pack or three a day if you only do it once in a while.  It's a great way to spend an evening with good food, good friends, and some good stimulating conversation.

Around the Network
Wojtas said:
well you should know that in fact, most of those countries are partially islamic, even if it does sound crazy. Remember that Pakistan isn't too far away from those lands, and Pakistan is islamic.

sorry? There is a islamic minority in souther Thailand close to Malaysia you are right. saying that Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia are partially islamic due to their closeness to Pakistan is just absolute BS! there is the whole of the indian subcontinent between them, not to mention china and myanmar. you are too funny. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

There are tons of Muslims in India, I am just saying.

Muslims in India 138,188,240
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_India

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

South east asia has many Islamic Countries = fact.

I have only smoked Cannibis through a hookah,

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Well go check it out yourself. Oh and remember one thing, Pakistan and India are situated like they are now because the British allowed it some 70 years ago. Earlier those territories were a great mixture of Islam, Buddism, Taoism and to some extent, christianity. Take into account that there were great migrations from the middle east into deep Asia, and there you have it. Oh, and learn geography damn it. China is north of all all those countries, not between them.

You know the more i read your post the more uneducated you seem. there are muslim minorities in Vietnam, Birma, India(13% of all citizens), Bangladesh (Islam is their primary religion), Thailand, Cambodia, is it really that hard to look it up on Wiki, before you start pouting bs?

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Around the Network

Dude, don;t smoke weed through hookah! that's like the chineese using it in the 1920's to smoke opium, such a terrible waste.

@ Entroper, yeah you can't say that it's healthy, i meant to say that it's somewhat more healthier than smoking cigarettes.

On a side note, have any of you ever tried smoking sheesha, hookah but with alcohol (wine, vodka) poured into the jar instead of water? I'll tell you one thing, it doesn't matter if you can handle your alcohol well, you will get drunk after a couple of minutes of use, especially with vodka. It also gives that distinctive taste to it ;)

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Except for insulting me, what else can you do? Look at the worldmap maybe a bit more abstract: There is a huge "Region, stretching from north to south between Pakistan and Laos. This Region consists of The buddhist China, the Buddhist Myanmar, the (mostly) Hindu India. Ok, in there is somewhere the small Bangladesh, which funny enough used to be part of Pakistan. And most Muslims migrated to Pakistan from India during separation (and vice versa), so rather a west movement.

That there is some Muslims in Thailand and Cambodia and Vietnam, no doubt. But please dont tell anyone you think these countries are not Buddhist. If you would have argued with the proximity to Malaysia and Indonesia (second largest Muslim state in world or largest? dunno right now), I could have followed you. But no, someone chose Pakistan for gods sake.

And then tells me im uninformed.

Well done Polish neighbour. The Katzynski brothers (however written) seem to represent you well.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Are you a dimwit, or are you a dimwit? First off, where do you think that islam came from? Australia? Japan? No, it came form the middle east. I told you about Pakistan, becauze it seemed to me that you would know some history of the region, that goes beyond just the 20th century, but apparantly you don't know squat.

Second of all, you started this whole deal by asking what does south-east Asia got to do with sheesha, well we answered that, but you keep on ranting like an idiot trying to pull meaningless point about which country had a greater influence on the culture of that region.

Third of all, you can't read, no one ever said that those countries are strictly islamic, I wrote PARTIALLY.

And to nail you down for good, let me remind you, that you are the one who laughed off the facts we gave you. And now that we have proven you wrong, you're just backlashing like a gimp. Boo hoo hoo.

At least try to find out why you got bashed in the first place, you might discover something about yourself. What's even funnier is that you say that Kaczynski (write it correctly at least dumbass) represents me well, while you are an exact copy of the man. No knowledge, yet still has something to say.

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

ok, here is what I wrote that made you go off like someone on bad vodka:

"ah, good to know. Better avoid all those islamic countries like Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. (I know, I am being stupid here)"

now would you mind telling me what I wrote in brackets?

And for reference:
Vietnam: "less than 70 thousand Muslims" straight from Wikipedia.

wohoo for our poliish friend

Ahh, well if that's how you play it, here's my take:
you being stupid doesn't change the fact that you didn't know about sheesha there, isn't that right? you being stupid in that post doesn't change the fact that you don't know why islam is present in indonesia and malaysia and that you didn't read and understand any of the posts above, your being stupid doesn't change the fact, that in that region, there are more than 130 million islam believers in that region, not counting India or Indonesia. And it doesn't change the fact that you really can't read because on Wikipedia it clearly states that 1% of the whole country is islamic, while the whole population counts 85 million people, meaning that there are close 1 million followers of allah in Vietnam.

http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wietnam

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting.