By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Sheesha ( or Hookah)! Who else likes it !?

I love hookah, I use to smoke it once or twice a week until someone stole my hookah's hose at a party. I can't find a replacement that fits my hookah.

As far as the health goes, most experts believe that smoking hookah and cigarettes are about equivalent when you are measuring by time smoking. So if you smoke 4 cigarettes for a total of forty minutes, its about equal to sitting around and smoking hookah for 40 minutes.

Both hookah and cigarettes have different health dangers. Cigarettes have more bad addatives and aren't as filtered as smoking hookah. However with hookah you end up inhaling particles and bad shit from the burning coal which ends up roughly evening them out.

The reason most people say smoking hookah is more healthy than cigarettes is because in America hookah is predominately just a social activity so you only smoke infrequently in when hanging out in groups of friends. Most people only smoke it once or twice a week or a couple of times a month. Very few people in America smoke it once or twice a day. In the middle east they smoke hookah all a few times a day, often after a meal.

Around the Network
Wojtas said:
Southeast Asia is partially islamic, and sheesha is part of arabic/islamic culture you might say.

ah, good to know. Better avoid all those islamic countries like Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. (I know, I am being stupid here) 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

hookah? is that american for sheesha?
i tried it once at a friends house but he fucked up cz there was no alluminuim and he put weed in it aswell

There is a hookah bar/grill here in Gainesville and it's an extremely nice place. Atmosphere, food, and drink selection is top notch. A lot of people go there for a special night out and it's one of my favorite places to go with friends. Nothing better than sitting around in the pillows smoking some mojito hookah (especially on thurs - belly dancer night). There are I think 3 hookah lounges in Gainesville now and 2 just opened. I think it's starting to catch on here with the unusual crowd that Gainesville seems to attract.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Anything tobacco related sickens me.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Around the Network

well you should know that in fact, most of those countries are partially islamic, even if it does sound crazy. Remember that Pakistan isn't too far away from those lands, and Pakistan is islamic.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

This stuff tastes great, but if I smoke too much I get a sore throat the next day.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Its pretty cool, tastes nice and its fun playing with the smoke.

Im interested what sheesha bars in the UK are gonna do about the smoking ban.

I always like the first 4 puffs, when i take all the smoke i can handle, then my head feels woozy for 2-3 minutes and later on......total relaxation ;).

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Over the summer it was a every week thing. I since have cut down. Its more of a social thing for me. Im so sick of strawberry banana now. My flavor of choice is Peach. I find if I dont eat beforehand, I get really sick. Weird I know. Oh and I think one hookah session has 72 times the amount of tar in a cigarette. (even though Hookah tastes MUCH lighter than cigs)

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!