By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Sheesha ( or Hookah)! Who else likes it !?

Now i don't know if any of you people are familiar with it but i'll give it a shot at explaining.

If you recall ever seeing arab people smoking from a big bottle with a pipe attached to it, than that's what i'm talking about.You put a little pile of flavoured tobacco into a the pipe, cover it with a special sheet of metal or simple alluminium foil that's punctured, and on that you put a special kind of coal, which burns the tobacco. The smoke that's created through this is filtered in water at the base of the device, and later on pumped into a hose with a pipe attached at the end.

Now, this may seem strange, but the essence of the device is that it is a substitute for smoking cigarettes. It is proven that a large dose of tobacco smoked in this manner would be similar to smoking two strong brand cigarettes

Yet, this is mainly the arabian kind, otherplaces the tobacco is significantly dumped down on unhealthy particles such as nicotine and the such. Furthermore, as previously stated, the tobacco is flavoured in many different styles, apple, melon, cherry etc. Being filtered through water, some of the heavy particals are also brought out of the system.

Now, of course this isn't 100% healthy, more like 70%. Yet from experience i know that most people don't smoke sheesha more than twice every days, so it's not addictive like normal smokes. In the end it is a very fun way to spend time with friends and a very good passtime.

So have any of you people tried it? Did you like it, why not and so forth. Am i the only one who finds this attractive ? 

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Around the Network

I love me some Hookah on occasion :D, the filtered smoke is pretty clean and there are some damn nummy flavors, it's one hell of a gathering piece also, on most weekends we'll have 2-3 hookah's going on our table outside surrounded by 8-12 of my close friends. :) Good stuff.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Wait... a bong?
With flavoured tobacco?

Then Yes, I've tried it... but I wasn't a fan. But it was fun trying to do smoke rings and when you inhaled the smoke, your voice got deeper for a second :)

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

haha I have a lot of friends from southeast asia so yea I have done it quite a few times. It is alright. The smoke usually makes me a feel a little too lightheaded tho, but the whole chill with your friends factor is good.

I don't really smoke anything anymore, but after a bit I generally found sheesha to be nauseatingly sweet.

Around the Network

I will probably start working in a sheesha bar next week, so i'm going to have some fun i think.....if you don't count that it'll be hard work, oyyyy.....

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

southeast asia? whats that got to do with sheesha?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

My father takes 2 sheeshas when we go out at Alex while I'm trying to play on my Nintendo DS.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

Southeast Asia is partially islamic, and sheesha is part of arabic/islamic culture you might say.

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

strawberry peach :D