By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Study Shows Strong Interest In Project Natal

The findings look sound - but given their target group and the construction of their questions anyone with any sense could have predicted those results.

Although like many studies this seemed designed to confirm something strongly suspected rather than uncover something unexpected.

I'd be a tad worried by the genre preferences to use Natal with though, if I was MS (and I mean that genuinely not to knock the device).

The study implies the existing base wants Natal to add something worth while (for the cost) to existing popular genres, with shooters perhaps predictably featuring strongly vs a lot of interest in the expanded genre set a lot of Natal marketing has been pushing - casual titles, fitness, shopping, etc).

I know MS has mentioned enhancing such titles, but for a while now the focus seems to be on new stuff vs enhancing those popular genres.

Mind you, if they got caught a little short a launch I've no doubt they could look at patching in support for Natal to some titles - perhaps leaning in Halo or something in Gears.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

I still think the survey is next to useless at this point. As another poster mentioned, I too thought the whole point of Natal was to bring in new users. In that case, this survey should be conducted after E3 when Natal is fully revealed to the world. At that point, the general public will know of its existence, features and hopefully price. Only then will they be able to answer this survey and give worthwhile data.