By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Study Shows Strong Interest In Project Natal

Wait, are they saying that ~50% of owners want to buy it, but also saying only 44% are even aware of what it is? WTF is this study?

Around the Network
GreyianStorm said:
Wait, are they saying that ~50% of owners want to buy it, but also saying only 44% are even aware of what it is? WTF is this study?

It doesn't mettar it is from MS most of them heard from their buddies about Natal but have no real clue what it actually does, and like most fans they will blindly beleive the hype and buy it up:(:(

Oh well when reports hit how natal is eyetoy all over again maybe they will all come to their senses, natal is 1 generation behind, look at eyetoy and it's titles, do you honstly think gamewise apart from visual upgrades will there be anything new coming, because I don't.

With ps move there is more potential, for example they demoed a Myst concept using ps move, just imagine survival horror using this ... awesome, or using ps move for proper rpg controls such as atacking and defending and casting spells, and fianlly what we all wanted on wii but was never done a lightsaber game!!!

Finally ps move has shown more games despite MS bragging, so where are all your games because not many people will buy this without games, and richochet just is not good enough.

hatmoza said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
When I see statistics like that I honestly receive them as an effort to make those people who have not given into the hype to get inside the wagon. Like: "Hmm, there is so many people interested, I feel bad for not looking forward to it". Gladly, we are all more smart than this. First we see, we prove how good things are, and, if it is worth it, we give in.

I was thinking the exact same thing when I was looking at the statistics.

but then again I'm just a paranoid skeptic, so who cares what I think. ^_^

I care..... I care.

FF_Fanatic said:
GreyianStorm said:

It doesn't mettar it is from MS most of them heard from their buddies about Natal but have no real clue what it actually does, and like most fans they will blindly beleive the hype and buy it up:(:(

"according to a recent marketing study conducted by consumer research firm OTX"

Oh well when reports hit how natal is eyetoy all over again maybe they will all come to their senses, natal is 1 generation behind, look at eyetoy and it's titles, do you honstly think gamewise apart from visual upgrades will there be anything new coming, because I don't.

With ps move there is more potential, for example they demoed a Myst concept using ps move, just imagine survival horror using this ... awesome, or using ps move for proper rpg controls such as atacking and defending and casting spells, and fianlly what we all wanted on wii but was never done a lightsaber game!!!

Finally ps move has shown more games despite MS bragging, so where are all your games because not many people will buy this without games, and richochet just is not good enough.

Apparently MS has so many games line up and ready to show for Natal that they already have many games being bumped back to 2011 because they can't fit them all into the launch window for Natal.

As to the rest of your junk of a post, just cut the crap.  Natal time wise is a generation behind EyeToy, but tech wise is a generation ahead.  And everything you just listed for uses for Move could easily be done with Natal....

nightsurge said:
FF_Fanatic said:
GreyianStorm said:

Apparently MS has so many games line up and ready to show for Natal that they already have many games being bumped back to 2011 because they can't fit them all into the launch window for Natal.

As to the rest of your junk of a post, just cut the crap.  Natal time wise is a generation behind EyeToy, but tech wise is a generation ahead.  And everything you just listed for uses for Move could easily be done with Natal....

ROFL I will believe it when I see it, so far it's nothing but richochet lol, and people need to have something physical to touch for harcore games that is why sony started developing ps move in the first place.

Controllerless gaming is cool for a while, but to be honest for most hardcore games it is better to have some form of controller to give you feedback.

Around the Network
FF_Fanatic said:
nightsurge said:
FF_Fanatic said:
GreyianStorm said:

ROFL I will believe it when I see it, so far it's nothing but richochet lol, and people need to have something physical to touch for harcore games that is why sony started developing ps move in the first place.

Controllerless gaming is cool for a while, but to be honest for most hardcore games it is better to have some form of controller to give you feedback.

ROFL I will believe your baseless claims when I see it.  Controllerless 3D motion tracking gaming has never been done before so how can you say hardcore games require something physical?  Also, with Natal you can use any object you want so I'm sure there will be props for sale with Natal of you can use your own props.  Wouldn't be hard at all.

I think it's pretty clear where your allegiances lie, though, so I won't stress the point.

Metallicube said:
To be honest, I'm pretty surprised this peripheral isn't receiving a similar backlash from the hardcore crowd that the Wii received over the course of 4 years. And that thing still had buttons! Just with motion control as well.

Natal on the other hand, is ALL motion, and it requires you to move your whole body, which I thought the hardcore hated doing. I guess if it's on THEIR console, it's alright..

It'll be interesting to examine the reaction of one gaming's most hardcore userbases when this thing does come out. I'm not sure they will appreciate buttonless controls... Precision has always been their forte, and Natal does not seem to offer this.

Natal is a seperate peripheral. You will still get your Gears of Wars, Call of Duty's and Halo's which still use the traditional joypad. Microsoft aren't replacing your joypad.

The study also shows 50% shooter, so that USA alright. And we all know Americans love popping in their creditcards for something knew. And i wonder they really like it when they start playing a shooter and have to use their hand as a gun like in third grade....

Besides it als states almost 60% says price is important(porbably more people think that but they don't want to come over cheap), so let's wait for a price point before getting hyped. Last rumour for price on this site stated up to $200, so then it will fail.

I'm not anti-Natal or anything, i just don't like hyping up people without actually knowing much about the product. Also i bought their HD-DVD player for almost $200 and that failed hard....
I will probably try it if it is below $100.

If you look at their little graph, 57% of XBox 360 owners claimed to be aware of Natal's existence and they claim that 56% of XBox owners said that they were likely to purchase Natal; and I think this is a remarkably fishy result. There are a few ways this could happen, one could be that this is a push poll and they could have asked a question like "If Natal’s price and games are highly appealing to you, how likely are you to purchase Natal?" or they’re talking about a subset of the people who know about Natal; which means it could be 56% of the 57% who have heard about Natal (31% of XBox 360 owners), 56% of the 33% who know a little or a lot about Natal (18% of XBox 360 owners), or 56% of the 16% who know a lot about natal (9% of XBox 360 owners).

just wait till e3......buying intentions will be 0%..........unless they show a fake demo again and people fall for it.