By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy 2 Ign Review

Mario Galaxy 2 is the new Grand Theft Auto IV.

Take that as you will.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network

Wait, Craig Harris wrote this? I thought he was the one who trolled Nintendo all the time, or is that someone else?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Tbone said:
Not bashing the game or anything as i´m sure its a great game but don´t u think its a bit strange they gave the game a perfect 10 on everything. Has this actually happened before?

GTA IV and MGS4 were the only ones that got a perfect score on every category.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/869/869541p7.html

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/881/881472p5.html

I dunno, am i the only one who is skeptical about this? I mean SMG was fun, but highly overrated. And from what i've seen, SMG2 takes A LOT from what SMG had and just puts it back in with differently shaded planets. I really don't understand how a game like this can get such a high score when it blatantly takes sooooo much from the original.

I dunno. That's just what i think. I mean there's still no story. Wtf is up with that? They can't be a little bit more creative and throw something together? Just something DIFFERENT, although that is a big word for Nintendo...

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Mario Galaxy 2 is the new Grand Theft Auto IV.

Take that as you will.

Wow, low low blow.

Around the Network
kratos3390 said:
I dunno, am i the only one who is skeptical about this? I mean SMG was fun, but highly overrated. And from what i've seen, SMG2 takes A LOT from what SMG had and just puts it back in with differently shaded planets. I really don't understand how a game like this can get such a high score when it blatantly takes sooooo much from the original.

I dunno. That's just what i think. I mean there's still no story. Wtf is up with that? They can't be a little bit more creative and throw something together? Just something DIFFERENT, although that is a big word for Nintendo...

No, your problem is that you already didn't like Nintendo to begin and that colored your perception of SMG, as evidenced by your last sentence.

Also, at the bolded.

You're just making stuff up, because every review and picture I've read and seen says that the game is much different from the original.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

kratos3390 said:

Same to me for Grand Theft Auto IV, LittleBigPlanet and other stuff like this... You don't love Nintendo games, obviously.

Something different? Wasn't Galaxy enough different from Sunshine to you?

And big story only covers lack of sparkling gameplay, pal. Why are Mario games often awarded near a 10 for gameplay? Because this is the core of the game.

So, you're saying every sequel should be lowed down in score. Or you're saying there must have no sequel to games. Wow.

blue - that is your opinion, since I think GTAIV, for playing it, doesn't deserve every pieces of its score. 91 or 90, not more.

dtewi said:
kratos3390 said:

No, your problem is that you already didn't like Nintendo to begin and that colored your perception of SMG, as evidenced by your last sentence.

Also, at the bolded.

You're just making stuff up, because every review and picture I've read and seen says that the game is much different from the original.

1. Mario games never have a good story. Asking for a story isn't showing a dislike towards Nintendo.

2. How am i making stuff up?? Have you not seen the gameplay trailers and reviews? There are SO many similarities from just that!! 

kratos3390 said:
dtewi said:
kratos3390 said:

Also, at the bolded.

1. Mario games never have a good story. Asking for a story isn't showing a dislike towards Nintendo.

2. How am i making stuff up?? Have you not seen the gameplay trailers and reviews? There are SO many similarities from just that!! 

Your general tone of your post indicates a dislike for Nintendo in general.

And I saw them. You're making shit up.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

kratos3390 said:

SMG2 is 90% new compared to the original so it's hardly taking a lot from SMG and adding shades to planet.  Do we have to have a story to have entertainment? I know story can be important but it's not a vital ingrediant for entertainment,

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d