By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I figured out why Monster Hunter Tri bombed.

Hello everyone.

As of this moment, Monster Hunter 3 Tri has sold about 200k in the Americas and even worse in Europe (~175k) after a full month of sales for a combined total of ~375,000 copies. When you take into account the paltry sales for such a hyped and advertised core game, I think this is a major disappointment we need to discuss.

First of all, let’s look at the facts:

• Monster Hunter Tri is nowhere close to outselling the Portable versions. Seeing as to how super popular the PSP is in America, Capcom made a huge mistake on the creation of this one. It never had a chance. The producers should commit public sudoku.
  • Strike #2? No DLC. For a game as online-centric and multiplayer as this, one would expect there would be some map packs or extra costumes you can pay for to be made available later on. I mean, the game is only like 100 hours. When that is over, what is there left to do? Sounds like a rip-off to me.
  • Competition from other Monster Hunters. If you haven’t noticed, there is a Monster Hunter already on the Wii that came out in weeks before MH3, and that is Cabela’s Monster Buck Hunter. That game flew off shelves, and MH3 in comparison seems like a rehash or poor man’s spin-off. The boxarts show that there is an obvious difference in production values; if you look closely, you can see the IGN watermark and Adam Sessler as the hunter. It’s no wonder those sites gave it the highest reviews of all. Capcom should be ashamed.
  • Capcom released better games. Face it, gamers have a limited amount of money to spend, and not only did they have to pay $5 for what should have been a FREE demo, but they had to pay extra for a bundle with a fake Dualshock. Not only that, they had to choose from AAA Wii titles like Dark Void, Bionic Commando, and Moto GP. As a gamer, I know what I would rather choose. That’s right, no need to deny it, you would get Spyborgs too.

So as you can see, MH3 has nothing and no one to blame for its dismal sales except itself and Capcom. Well, scratch that. It can blame Nintendo, because they didn’t build up the dinosaur fanbase on the Wii ahead of time. Also, last time I checked, our enemy was Apple, not monsters. This game was the cornerstone of Capcom’s losses in their recent financial report and I’m not surprised. They should’ve listened to me and released it on the Zune HD.

In life there are Hunters, and then there are Child Hunters.

It makes perfect sense.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Nah, Il give this thread a 5/10 just for trying so hard...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Posting in a dumb thread. Look up your history yo!

Congradulations.

I thought you were serious there for a second...but then maybe your were...

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

Around the Network

Conglaturations, you are posting in a great thlead!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

if this was a joke thread, it wasn't funny at all

it's undertracked, that's why it bombed.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

LAWL it bombed because there is a bazooka in it LAWL!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

God i hate them apples...

How technical is your game?