By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Numbers: 11/19 - 11/25

NJ5
""In Japan, the PS3 should really do better than the Wii right now, after so many price cuts and important software being launched. If Wii Fit catches on, the PS3 will never smell the Wii near it again.""

==> If I remember well, the Wii is still less expensive that the PS3 and PES2008 is still released on the PS3 AND the PS2 and, finally, RE UC, SMG, and Mario&Sonic were NOT non-event ...

overall, compared to Famitsu and VGChartz, Mediacrate numbers, for this week, are pretty close to the 2 others.
Before Mediacreate, Wii is just under the PS3, and after Mediacreate, Wii is just over PS3. Overall, the situation is quite similar in the 2 situations.

Time to Work !

Around the Network
libellule said:
NJ5
""In Japan, the PS3 should really do better than the Wii right now, after so many price cuts and important software being launched. If Wii Fit catches on, the PS3 will never smell the Wii near it again.""

==> If I remember well, the Wii is still less expensive that the PS3 and PES2008 is still released on the PS3 AND the PS2 and, finally, RE UC, SMG, and Mario&Sonic were NOT non-event ...

overall, compared to Famitsu and VGChartz, Mediacrate numbers, for this week, are pretty close to the 2 others.
Before Mediacreate, Wii is just under the PS3, and after Mediacreate, Wii is just over PS3. Overall, the situation is quite similar in the 2 situations.

I agree, it's easy for both sides to start celebrating a few thousand units of difference but it doesn't mean much, considering that these are statistical estimates and not absolute numbers. Whenever there's such a small difference, what we should think is that they're selling at about the same rate.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

FishyJoe said:
I think the most shocking thing about this week is how bad PSP software is selling. The hardware boost has contributed almost nothing to software sales at all. The majority of PSP buyers seem to be blowing off buying any software completely. That is not a good trend.

And this is the motive why PSP like a gaming system is considered a failure despite great hardware sales ( IMO ).

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

CT gets 90%? That is pretty high, does that lower their margin of error compared to being at 60%?

@ioi

please take in the forum rules that people should stop whining when
tracking services show different numbers.
particularly worse is when they said the rest of the year that the other service is better and then remain silent when the situation changes!

Around the Network

What I consider funny is that wii first year sales to customers ( from launch ) is 3,87 million while Gamecube LTD is only 4,17 million ( source : Media Create).
In the past years wind is changed in Japan for Nintendo ( and not only in Japan ... ).

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

celine said:
FishyJoe said:
I think the most shocking thing about this week is how bad PSP software is selling. The hardware boost has contributed almost nothing to software sales at all. The majority of PSP buyers seem to be blowing off buying any software completely. That is not a good trend.

And this is the motive why PSP like a gaming system is considered a failure despite great hardware sales ( IMO ).

Bingo, you hit the nail on the head with that assessment Celine.

+- 10,000k error (either MC's or Famitsu/Vgchartz's is fine by me and shouldn't errect debates like this. Wii and PS3 are neck-to-neck this week.

Darc Requiem said:
celine said:
FishyJoe said:

Bingo, you hit the nail on the head with that assessment Celine.

Considering the mobile market of Japan, it seems they're buying and using the PSP for a lot of things other than gaming.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

koffieboon said:
CT gets 90%? That is pretty high, does that lower their margin of error compared to being at 60%?

I'd say so.... cause... they have to estimate about 10% of the market instead of 40%.