By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Numbers: 11/19 - 11/25

tk1797 said:
FishyJoe said:
Where is Diomedes???

If he truly believes Media Create is more accurate he should endorse the number regardless of the ps3 sales. I wonder if he will, if not then I'll have to believe that he picks numbers that better represent the ps3.

I have faith in Diomedes showing up to endorse MC data!

Don't let me down, bro'hem!

NJ5 said:
JHawkNH said:

Is there a percentage less then 0?

Ask Sony, they seem to know a lot about percentages ;)

Zing!  

Around the Network
JHawkNH said:
FishyJoe said:
Where is Diomedes???

Chances of seeing him in this thread... Is there a percentage less then 0?

Ask Sony, they seem to know a lot about percentages ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Dolla Dolla said:
tk1797 said:
FishyJoe said:
Where is Diomedes???

If he truly believes Media Create is more accurate he should endorse the number regardless of the ps3 sales. I wonder if he will, if not then I'll have to believe that he picks numbers that better represent the ps3.

I have faith in Diomedes showing up to endorse MC data!

Don't let me down, bro'hem! 

Indeed, he'll come in. Claim that MC is more accurate and that state reasons why they might be off.  Like last week.  Then he'll say something about 90% we'll ask him for proof, and he won't say anything.

Any luck on people translating that page from MC Dolla? 

You guys aren't pulling punches this week, ay?

Kasz216, no luck, but google translator spits this out:

Retail POS data is based on. データ提供元のカバー率は、およそ57%、多様な業態をカバーしております。 Data provided by the cover rate is about 57 percent, and a variety of business to cover. さらに、事前の予約状況、出荷状況や消化状況、中古動向といった周辺データ、店舗へのヒアリングによる定性情報等を補完資料として用いています。 In addition, prior reservation status, shipping status and digestive conditions, such as secondhand trends surrounding data, to store the hearing by qualitative information such as complementary materials.

It's been said time and time again that MC covers about 60% of the market, and that pretty much sums it up, so I'm not pressed about getting y-koron to translate.

Dolla Dolla said:

You guys aren't pulling punches this week, ay?

Kasz216, no luck, but google translator spits this out:

Retail POS data is based on. データ提供元のカバー率は、およそ57%、多様な業態をカバーしております。 Data provided by the cover rate is about 57 percent, and a variety of business to cover. さらに、事前の予約状況、出荷状況や消化状況、中古動向といった周辺データ、店舗へのヒアリングによる定性情報等を補完資料として用いています。 In addition, prior reservation status, shipping status and digestive conditions, such as secondhand trends surrounding data, to store the hearing by qualitative information such as complementary materials.

It's been said time and time again that MC covers about 60% of the market, and that pretty much sums it up, so I'm not pressed about getting y-koron to translate.

ioi said MC and Famitsu both cover about 60%, so that seems right.  Just goes to show you that no matter how much source data you have there will still be a large margin of error.  Basically all we can get out of this is that Wii and PS3 sold about the same this week.  As I've said, actual numbers are most likely somewhere in the middle.  

Around the Network

Well I guess it just shows that even the best tracking services only estimate and those estimates can be very different

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I think the most shocking thing about this week is how bad PSP software is selling. The hardware boost has contributed almost nothing to software sales at all. The majority of PSP buyers seem to be blowing off buying any software completely. That is not a good trend.

rofl - thats crazy!

jesus we saw xx threads that ps3 is in front of wii in japan.
and than that!

i start thinking that good really exists!

I believe out 500k psp slim sold in japan are in China, that explain no software sales.

@Vienna - And he has an interesting kind of humour:)

Quality for Life