By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pachter: "I was wrong about Red Dead"

Pachter: 'I was wrong about Red Dead'

Rockstar was "right all along" that Western would sell, says analyst

Respected industry analyst, Michael Pachter has admitted that he was wrong to be sceptical over Rockstar's stellar western, Red Dead Redemption.

Speaking to CVG this morning, the Wedbush Securities man succeeded that Rockstar was right to puts its trust in a Western game.

"I suppose we should call them visionaries," Pachter told CVG. "I have been skeptical a long time, but they always believed that a Western, if done well, would sell well. It looks like they were right all along. Nobody can doubt that they made a great game."

The industry Nostradamus even hopes he'll receive a copy, though admitted that the chances of Rockstar sending him one are slim: "Maybe after that comment, they'll finally send me a copy; they haven't sent me any games since I doubted whether Bully would sell well," he said.

You can have one of ours, Michael.

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=247426

===========

Three things:

1) RESPECTED INDUSTRY ANALYST?!!!! IS THAT A JOKE?!!!

2) He actually admitted he's wrong.

3) So why not still admit he's wrong about Wii HD and his other several wrong predictions and rubbish?

Around the Network

no wonder he's an analyst and not a producer in a studio.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

He is always wrong, can we please stop quoting him, he is not even funny and he is being quoted like if his words are gonna make to the Bible or Quran.
Quote crazyman instead =))))))))))))))))))))

It would be easier for him to tell us what he wasn't wrong about.

Even an analyst god can be wrong every now and then!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
He is always wrong, can we please stop quoting him, he is not even funny and he is being quoted like if his words are gonna make to the Bible or Quran.
Quote crazyman instead =))))))))))))))))))))

+1

I largely prefered Crazyman's predictions...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

badgenome said:
It would be easier for him to tell us what he wasn't wrong about.

But that wouldn't be interesting since it would be blank lol.

I'd have far more respect for Pachter if he admitted Wii HD wasn't coming and that he got it wrong. He did, after all, insist it would come out last year.

Pachter seems to get a lot of shit for no good reason. He's an analyst, not a fortune teller. He's not always right. It's unrealistic to expect him to be always right. Really he's no different than many of us on the forums, it's just that he is a professional in the field. Perhaps that's why he's so hated irrationally. People are jealous of him.

Cut the last two words from his quote and I think that would pretty much cover it.