By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pachter: "I was wrong about Red Dead"

Seihyouken said:
Pachter seems to get a lot of shit for no good reason. He's an analyst, not a fortune teller. He's not always right. It's unrealistic to expect him to be always right. Really he's no different than many of us on the forums, it's just that he is a professional in the field. Perhaps that's why he's so hated irrationally. People are jealous of him.

I'd say he's more of a fortuneteller than an analyst. At least in the sense that if he's ever right, it's completely by accident.

Around the Network

So, he's in it for the free games?

I knew it had to be something. The secret has been unveiled, finally.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I'm not totally sure whether CVG have manipulated what he said, but I thought he always just said RDR wouldn't sell GTA numbers and would be limited to 3 mil to 4 mil due to it's western appeal.

Which is surely still true? Or is this game gonna be huge? I know ALOT of people who've bought it already simply cause there hasn't been a GTA in 3 years.

What I believe is tht this game is pretty safe to sell pretty well, but I have to agree with patcher when he stated a while ago it's too soon to have a gta seller

jammy2211 said:
I'm not totally sure whether CVG have manipulated what he said, but I thought he always just said RDR wouldn't sell GTA numbers and would be limited to 3 mil to 4 mil due to it's western appeal.

Which is surely still true? Or is this game gonna be huge? I know ALOT of people who've bought it already simply cause there hasn't been a GTA in 3 years.

GTA 4 came out 2 years ago. The expansion packs for it came out more recently.

Around the Network
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
He is always wrong, can we please stop quoting him, he is not even funny and he is being quoted like if his words are gonna make to the Bible or Quran.
Quote crazyman instead =))))))))))))))))))))

I agree we should just blacklist him

I Hate the fact that all these pillows are contaminated by retard!!

"The industry Nostradamus even hopes he'll receive a copy, though admitted that the chances of Rockstar sending him one are slim: "Maybe after that comment, they'll finally send me a copy; they haven't sent me any games since I doubted whether Bully would sell well," he said."

Why does this jackass get copies from developers?

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Cheebee said:
So, he's in it for the free games?

I knew it had to be something. The secret has been unveiled, finally.

+1

badgenome said:
Seihyouken said:
Pachter seems to get a lot of shit for no good reason. He's an analyst, not a fortune teller. He's not always right. It's unrealistic to expect him to be always right. Really he's no different than many of us on the forums, it's just that he is a professional in the field. Perhaps that's why he's so hated irrationally. People are jealous of him.

I'd say he's more of a fortuneteller than an analyst. At least in the sense that if he's ever right, it's completely by accident.

and yet he's ranked as one of the best analysts in the world

Shorty11857 said:
badgenome said:
Seihyouken said:

and yet he's ranked as one of the best analysts in the world

That doesn't say much for analysts, does it?