By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - NK Sinks SK Ship; Says Retaliation = War

FIFA should ban North Korea from entering this world cup. I know it's something the people are extremely proud of and it would be bound to strike a nerve.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
FYI:

China has just stated they will not protect North Korea from the consequences of them sinking the Cheonan.

Queue the sad little violin.

Well, that pretty much puts concerns about WWIII to rest.

Now the question is how willing South Korea is to bleed.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

mrstickball said:
FYI:

China has just stated they will not protect North Korea from the consequences of them sinking the Cheonan.

Source?

And even if they have stated that it doesn't mean that they are somehow bound by that statement. If it comes to war they will then make the decision on how to proceed.

They may well decide to do nothing but statements don't mean much. USA for instance claims to respect the sovereignty of other nations and yet it's actions often contradict that claim.

@Footballfan

Sports and politics should never mix. Sadly it is too often the case.

If only Taiwan would control all of China and South Korea all of Korea then the world would be a better place. At least in that part of the world.

I'm probably one of the only people in the world that doesn't acknowledge the the people's republic of China as a country. 

If only the Pax Americana had more balls to stand up against China. That's the boring part about our modern world, everyone is afraid to start a real war with a country because of a nuclear threat. You could see it as a good thing, but it's also a big reason as to why no one dares to stand up against the nuclear powers of the word. A lot of these nuclear powers also don't have a very good democracy(democracy of Russia is a joke).

Branko2166 said:
mrstickball said:
FYI:

Source?

And even if they have stated that it doesn't mean that they are somehow bound by that statement. If it comes to war they will then make the decision on how to proceed.

They may well decide to do nothing but statements don't mean much. USA for instance claims to respect the sovereignty of other nations and yet it's actions often contradict that claim.

@Footballfan

Sports and politics should never mix. Sadly it is too often the case.

BBC, Branko.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/asia_pacific/10181527.stm

I am sure they will change stances if a war breaks out. HOWEVER, I see this as being a clear indication that if NK attacks SK, China will not back them up - a clear shift in the geopolitical stance of North Korea. Essentially, North Korea is on their own.

@Samus -

It would be nice to see good democratic and quasi-democratic nations of Asia gang up on China to make for real change. I'd take the combined armies of Vietnam (winners of their last war with China), Thailand, Taiwan, SK, Japan and the Philippines work together to curb the Chinese threat.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Hopefully South Korea bombs the shit out of North Korea and takes over their country. Then they can make it into a decent nation.

Chairman-Mao said:
Hopefully South Korea bombs the shit out of North Korea and takes over their country. Then they can make it into a decent nation.

Just out of curiosity, why is your name Chairman Mao?

well of course the U.S would get involved

mrstickball said:
famousringo said:

You forgot to list N. Korea's most important military assets: An unknown number of nuclear warheads of unknown yield, and launch vehicles that are perfectly capable of delivering them to S. Korea.

Maybe S. Korea and allies have the intel and the rapid response to pre-empt a launch, but here's hoping we never have to find out.

And we have no idea if they'd even work. North Korea has never detonated a nuclear weapon to prove they have the capability.

That isn't a chance we want to take.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Samus Aran said:
Chairman-Mao said:

Just out of curiosity, why is your name Chairman Mao?

I made this account after learning about him in history class. He was a total dick.