By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gen5 remakes of Ruby/Sapphire? Think it'll happen?

Gen5 remakes of Ruby/Sapphire? Think it'll happen?

Absolutely. No doubt about it. 14 40.00%

Probably, but you never know. 12 34.29%

I doubt it. 5 14.29%

Absolutely not! No chance in hell! 4 11.43%

Total:35

So what do you think? We've now gotten remakes of both the first two generations of Pokemon two generations later. With the approaching release of Pokemon White and Black, the fifth generation of Pokemon is upon us.

But the question is - will they continue the trend? According to pattern, I would say yes, but there are a couple problems.

For one, Ruby and Sapphire are widely regarded as the weakest games in the series, complete with the weakest collection of new Pokemon. Is there enough of a fan desire for remakes of these games?

And two, Ruby and Sapphire also sold the worst of any main-series flagship titles - which proves that the desire for remakes is at least lower than with previous generations.

Combine those with the fact that the rest of next generation will LIKELY be 3DS exclusive after Black/White release, and there will almost certainly not be the userbase to guarantee good sales.

But will Nintendo care? They'll almost certainly be able to turn a respectable profit regardless of the final sales of the remakes, since they'll probably turn at least 3-4 million, assuming they do very poorly.

So what do you think? Will we be seeing remakes of Ruby and Sapphire?

Bonus points: What do you think they'd be called if they ARE made?

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

I just don't think we need it yet- I still have a DS, and the games, and they don't feel old at all.

its pretty mcuh a certainty and it will sell 10 mil

Both R/B & G/S seemed very dated in comparison to the 3rd and 4th generation but as others have said it's not the same with the 3rd generation. I guess anything is possible - I would buy it myself, but maybe Nintendo maybe has some other tricks up their sleeves this time around.

It's pretty much guaranteed, seeing the success of both the Gen 3 remakes of Red/Blue and Gen 4 remakes of Gold and Silver.

Personally I won't mind them, as I didn't get to play neither Ruby nor Saphire, instead went to the daddy of the two, Emerald

Edit - My last phrase sounds all weird for some reason. I wanted to say that I didn't mind the remakes, and I will still buy them. My crappy english does this sometimes, I guess.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

No question about it, it'll definitely happen. Heck, Nintendo would be INSANE not to release those games, as they're literally guaranteed to sell multiple millions of copies, easily. They won't let such guaranteed truckloads of shiny profit go uncollected, no chance in hell, at all. Ever.

It'll happen, don't worry.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I always thought that Nintendo made these remakes because the old games (Gen I and II) were incompatible with the new ones (Gen III and IV), so they remade them on modern hardware. The GBA games are still compatible with the DS games (as long as you have an older DS), so you could migrate all your Pokémon up. As long as there is some compatibility between the new games and older games, there is no need for another remake.

Veder Juda is hand crafted from EPIC FAIL, and is a 96% certified Looney; the other 4% is a work in progress.

Absolutely good point, Veder. However, as their newest hardware is incompatible with Gen3, it's still entirely possible.

But then, following that part of the logic, a re-remake of Red/Blue would be in the works.

I'm still waiting for someone to chip in with their opinion of what they'd be called. >=(

SW-5120-1900-6153

Hi

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=105317

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

It's inevitable! I also think that the remake will be the first main Pokemon game that'll be using the 3D of the 3DS since black and white won't be. I think that's how they'll get people to buy for the 3D and maybe some more new features and disregard that it was the weakest of the series.