By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are some Nintendo fans angry with Move?

Smeags said:
Scoobes said:
They're just annoyed that Nintendo didn't think of shoving a giant shiny light at the end of the Wii-remote. That shiny beacon of light at the end of the remote surely spells success for Sony and will surely mean it'll outsell the Wii in no time...

*Calls Rol*

Yeah... that Scoobes guy...

He knows.

Oh crap, what have I done ?!

Around the Network

Because in their E3 conference in 2006, they said they weren't interested in "Gimmicks" yet now they are incorporating those "Gimmicks" onto their platform to try and steal some market share from the Wii because they are desperate for sales.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

A lot of it has to do with the fact that Sony fanboys, and indeed Sony themselves, spent 3 years bashing the Wii's controls as "fad/gimmick/lame/gay/casual/etc" but now because it has "playstation" written on it, suddenly it's "ZOMG, awesomest thing evaa!!!1one!"

I'm angry at Sony (and MS) because they are a year late. If Sony/MS would have announced their add ons an E3 earlier then Wii Sports Resort would have been released sooner.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

everybody seems to forget that without coppying we wouldn't even be having this discussion? the idea of the home console came from Magnavox right? so for the past seven gen's somebodies been coppying somebody. and as for the fan boys! they are only ok with it when they have it for them selvies?

Around the Network
Christian973 said:
Because in their E3 conference in 2006, they said they weren't interested in "Gimmicks" yet now they are incorporating those "Gimmicks" onto their platform to try and steal some market share from the Wii because they are desperate for sales.

all im going to say is it won't work.

I don't know maybe because people think that ps3 is copying the wii.

RolStoppable said:
Seece, I really hope that this isn't a hit and run thread with the purpose of getting Nintendo and Sony fans fighting against each other which isn't that uncommon of a practice for someone from the 360 camp. Tell me that you are better than that.

Only Sony jumped on the bandwagon. Natal is our buttonless future, they're not copying whatsoever.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Xbbjf9s said:
I don't see why, that's how it works. Look at Apple and HTC, HTC took the concept of the iphone and put their own little spin on it (droids).

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_7700-570.php

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_ke850_prada-1828.php

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_touch-1999.php

way wrong. way before the iphone.  multitouch was developed by university and some research in california in 2006 in oct, same month nokia showed videos or their target interface using the technology

also move it's accurate, overall better tech, what will happen if nintendo thriumps card it's lost?.

it known nintendo try to get out graphics war, but then now both sony and microsoft their motion controls.

it can become n64 all over again if nintendo can't hold their base.

Anyone who thinks that motion conroles alone is why Nintendo has won this generation is badly mistaken.

As far as some Nintendo fans being upset? Yea it's because Sony talked so much shit and now there going to jump in bed for some money. Thats basicly it.

Thing is sony don't have what it takes to get the casuals, the REAL reason Nintendo won this gen. Low cost ( Sony don't have ) Mario ( Sony don't have ) inovation in there controls ( Sony also don't have, lets not forget its 3 years later ). Also theres the Wii sports/fit stuff. I guess Sony could copy Wii fit, i know they already have a Wii sports clone out there.

And as far as im concered Natal is a total joke. I think the Move will have very limited success and i think natal wont have much at all.

To stick up for the HD crowd I have to say I have not read/heard any HD fans saying they can't wait for more/natal. Most of the time it's like i don't want to damn motion controls! Good for them. And the people praiseing move and natal, that bashed the Wii, well fanboys will be fanboys.