By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do any of the Halo titles deserve critical acclaim?

Halo deserves every critical acclaim it recieves.....

I mean how many other games out there still alot of fun 2-3 years after you purchase the game....Not many

Around the Network
Zucas said:
They all deserve critical acclaim but I disagree with the majority in thinking that Halo: Combat Evolved was the best haha. Sometimes it simplicity was dull in my opinion especially when it came to level design. I think Halo 2 showed a developmentally better game than the original although had a weird storyline coming from the first. Halo 3 was a great game, although same issue with the second is the story line was rather weird. ODST was easily the best story line out of all of them to me. Never played Halo Wars though.

So yes I think all of them deserve their praise as they are beautifully crafted and designed games but I do disagree on some terms with how they are ranked intra-series wise as I think Halo: Combat Evolved gets a little more credit than it might deserve. But i was the first so I guess it does deserve it do to that "wow-factor" it brought in.

The interior copy & paste level design were pretty awful, but it still had the best mechanics, atmosphere, set-pieces, aesthetics, and game design out of the entire series.

Believe it or not, Halo 2 was the most rushed entry in the series.

* Halo Combat Evolved: 95% (85%)
* Halo 2: 94% (50%)
* Halo 3: 93% (92%)
* Halo Wars: 82% (80%)
* Halo 3 ODST: 85% (N/A)

Halo 3 deserves it. But Halo 2 is honestly in my opinion a piece of garbage and one of the worst FPS games I have ever played.

(BTW those are my scores)

Wagram said:

* Halo Combat Evolved: 95% (85%)
* Halo 2: 94% (50%)
* Halo 3: 93% (92%)
* Halo Wars: 82% (80%)
* Halo 3 ODST: 85% (N/A)

Halo 3 deserves it. But Halo 2 is honestly in my opinion a piece of garbage and one of the worst FPS games I have ever played.

(BTW those are my scores)

You must have not played many awful FPSs then, despite my disdain towards Halo 2, I've played many worse shooters.

From the series ...I hated HALO2 also, The bullshit ending was Bullshit

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:

From the series ...I hated HALO2 also, The bullshit ending was Bullshit

There were other factors in Halo 2 that were more dissapointing than the "ending".

Halo:CE is one of my favorite games of all time, I remember getting Halo 2 out of nostalgia, horrid Campaign, great Multi-player. Same for Halo 3 except slightly worse campaign and slightly better Multi-player. Halo ODST really helped and is the only one to improve on both Multi-player and Campaign. Reach looks good, but Halo:CE will always be the best.

All of them, except ODST, and maybe Wars (have not played that one yet).

radiantshadow92 said:

Well ODST didn't receive as many rave reviews as the first three games did. Despite it's full retail price, I found the campaign to be more enjoyable than Halo's sequels, especially Halo 2.

CollectiveCynic said:
radiantshadow92 said:

Well ODST didn't receive as many rave reviews as the first three games did. Despite it's full retail price, I found the campaign to be more enjoyable than Halo's sequels, especially Halo 2.

Either way, the retail price is still there, and it carried over the same online as Halo 3. Way too overpriced, and so, it does not deserve critical acclaim imo.