By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Last week PS3 beat xbox worldwide by 1,000

I swear from now on whenever the Wii outsells "x" console or 360 outsells "x" console, Im gonna post a new thread about it. Then maybe you'll see how annoying it is to keep seeing it over and over every week.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Around the Network

seriously i can see it now......

150 years later every fanboy goes yelling

SONY DOMINATION HAS BEGUN!!!!!!!

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

I remember when everyone was predicting that PS3 would over take the 360 before the end of 2006. Now they are happy the PS3 outsells the 360 by 400 units.

Libraries sell systems not individual games

darendt said:
damkira said:
I don't... Look at what Sony and retailers have done just to become even with the 360. There are no big games coming out for PS3 any time soon (R&C, Uncharted=flops so far) and they've already released 4 different models of PS3s and gone through price cuts.

There is nothing they can do to stimulate sales for the time being.

What are you talking about?  R&C and Uncharted havent flopped by any means, and the 360 has released just as many consoles. CORE, Premium, Elite, Arcade, Halo edition. The 360 has dropped there price as well. So yeah, for Sony to have a more expensive console with in your words "flop games", and still keeping up and beating the 360 right now. I would say that is a pretty good thing for the PS3.

How much does it cost for a PS3 game to break even? I'm pretty sure its a million or at least 750,000. If you look at it that way, there is no possible way R&C and Uncharted could turn a profit. That's how I define a flop... R&C will end up selling nearly a quarter of what the previous games did and Uncharted (the huge budget and massively hyped) barely managed to make the top 20. Even the biggest selling PS3 game (Assassin's Creed) is selling less than half of the 360 version. I don't see how any of this is encouraging news to fans.

You're absolutely right, four versions of a console is silly. However, at least Microsoft doesn't keep changing them.

and what nis so spceal about 1k

Around the Network

well now xbox>ps3

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

sorry the numbers are wrong check again!!!

Thanks for the statistical lie.

Margin of error >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1000

Never mind that even if this was true, you'd need 150 years for this to make a difference. You realize the next gen systems will be released long before then, right?

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Chadius said:
Thanks for the statistical lie.

Margin of error >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1000

Never mind that even if this was true, you'd need 150 years for this to make a difference. You realize the next gen systems will be released long before then, right?

What lie Son??

http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/News-89034.aspx

owned?

wait till dec 13 and see the real stats... the stats only changed cuz of microsoft.