By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super mario galaxy 2 review thread

surely this will be the best reviewed game of the year now, unless zelda wii releases this year and blows everything away

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

I can't believe eurogamer gave it 10/10 lol, not to mention this is now the highest rated game in this gen atm and 2nd of all time on average, that's just insane. Nintendo=monster.

Galaxy seems be approaching OoT status on Gamerankings. Just a few more 10/10's.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Cheebee said:
megaman79 said:
EUROGAMER CONFIRMS - 120 EXTRA GREEN STARS

So thats 240 UNIQUE STARS IN GALAXY 2

AWESOME

"Galaxy 2 has even more surprises in store for the long-haul gamer, with total completion adding a secret green star in every one of those 120 level variations, doubling the length of the game. "

Good god.

*cries of joy*

me too! D,:

:)

With so many 10's though, all it takes is one 9 or............an 8 to ruin everyone's fun. I personally am not too fussed about what Metascore it ends up on, I just hope it's worthy of all the praise that it's been garnering.

Around the Network

Are these all reviews from sites/magazines that meta uses in their calculations though?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
Are these all reviews from sites/magazines that meta uses in their calculations though?

Nope some of them are websites I just found on google :D

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Nintendogamer said:
peachbuggy said:

Nope some of them are websites I just found on google :D

Oh, i see. Stil really good reviews though. Is it right SMG2 is currently at 3 in the all time rankings for Meta? Tried to find out but i guess i'm not very good at navigating the Metacritic site!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

What are the criteria for publications to be included on Metacritic, anyway? How come they post some reviews, but others not?

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

ph4nt said:
I wonder if Super Mario Galaxy 2 will become the highest rated Direct Sequel ever.

Currently it's Uncharted 2 according to gamerankings.

On metacritc Tony Hawk 2, Mass Effect 2 and Tekken 3 (if you can call that a direct sequel) is higher.

Edit. And SMG2 is already higher.