By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why did you buy a wii?

Why did you buy a wii?

Motion controls 18 14.06%

Because (blank) game was on wii exclusively 15 11.72%

Nintendo games 65 50.78%

It has lots of good exclusives 15 11.72%

other 10 7.81%

I'm lurking this topic so I don't got one 5 3.91%

Total:128

Mostly for the first party games.

Around the Network

it was the cheapest console at the time.

I bought a Wii immediately because I needed a platform to play Brawl on.

I was going to get it eventually because I love Nintendo titles but Brawl made it all the more urgent.

Pixel Art can be fun.

A lot of reasons really. Mainly because it's a Nintendo console and Nintendo rarely lets me down with its games. Also because of the potential of motion control and it's the cheapest console.

I haven't been a serious console gamer since I was a teen, so I was going to sit out of this gen. Revolution sounded like a terrible idea.

Motion controls and E3 2006 changed my mind, suddenly I became very interested in consoles, and my love for Wii began. I'm still a PC Gamer, but when it comes to consoles, I couldn't imagine playing anything else.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Around the Network

Because the sound of wii sounded special. I felt I was part of the big nintendo family =)

1st party exclusives, and motion controllers

because I wanted to.

Because I'm a true gamer and true gamers own all the consoles...... and because of the Nintendo games.

Bought one and now am selling it but will buy one again as soon as some games that interest me come out until then i am going to stick with my PS3 and btw at one point i owned all 3 systems (360 crapped out, bought a PS3, bought a wii for madworld and just could not fit it in my budget for both ps3 and wii games so im going to sell my wii) but maybe in 011 holiday i will buy one for zelda and any other holiday titles

I am no good at grammar =) 

DAMN IT! This EP is such a good idea 

Because I had a feeling that it was gonna be huge and have plenty of awesome unique games.

Also, my friends that had a 360 by the time would make fun of me for having a Wii but they were fast to close their mouthes :p