By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will FF Versus XIII sell more than FF7? (cn it get same success)?

Will FF Versus XIII sell more than FF7? (cn it get same success)?

Yes it will 44 19.56%

No it won't, u & akiba suck OP 63 28.00%

It won't sell more than FF13 94 41.78%

Fang sux, Lightning rules 8 3.56%

It will be worst FF ever 16 7.11%

Total:225
AkibaFan said:
leo-j said:
@stage

there wont be piracy =/

On topic:

I think it can sell around 4-5 million copies LTD.. if it is reviewed well..

FF XIII lost a bit of its sales because of the lowish reviews..

I suspect Versus XIII will be the better game because it's being developed by Tetsuya Nomura. It also feels more like FF VII/Kingdom hearts II which could get more people on it. It certainly should outsell FF CRISIS CORE which sold like 2 million copies "I think".

its xclusive too, so it shud be reviewed bettr. Its a action RPG so it cn hve same wow effect tht uncharted 2 & gow3 have in graphics. 1-FF13 cudn't gve tht wow effect as gameplay was "turn based", (even  2-tho the CGI in FF13 is more epic thn any other game) & xbox 360 ruined grfx. FF13 luks amazing, but imagine how gud it wud luk if it had been PS3 only.

Imagine if all the content cut ws still in th game. 3-FF13 is my game of the gen but ff13 cud hve been my best game evr because it dus too many things right, bt 4-because it went multiplat thngs had to be cut & they affectd its quality a bit making it for certain it cudnt be my best game ever & lowering its review scores, versus wnt need to go through tht.

minimum Versus 13 sales shud be 4 Million, it hs to do over tht it jst has to!

1) FF7 was turn based and had a bigger WOW effect than UC2 and Gow3 combined

2) is a matter of opinion, but blizzard says hello.

3) you forgot to add IMO

4) where did you get that information????? thats not true, they made it the way it is because it was the cheapest way possible

“In the previous Final Fantasy games on non-high definition consoles, we were able to kind of take everyone’s ideas and include them in the games.

I call it a bento box system, where you have all of the different little things in there. So we had minigames or towns were you were able to talk to all of the townspeople. But with the HD console you’re not really able to do that because it takes so long to develop.”

“If you think about how long it’s already taken to develop this game, to have to have included all of those other aspects, it would have been too long.

So what we did instead was define what was truly important to the game, and include those aspects and really emphasize those items we wanted to include.

We had to consider the amount of time it took to create the game engine, which we built from scratch, as well, and so with that additional time included we had to decide what we could and couldn’t do.”

--Motomu Toriyama source

so as you can see it had to do with money because the game was becoming too expensive as development time incrised.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network

nope

AkibaFan said:
dystopia said:
Short answer, no. And I doubt it sells more than FFXIII.

y? we knw it will be bettr thn FF13. FF13 is one ov my favrite games & because it will be bettr thn it versus cud be one of th best game evr. It is exclusive, they always hve more hype & r always bettr too.

We know it will be better than FFXIII? What? How the hell do we know that?

If ANY RPG manages to be better than FFXIII this generation, I will be very hugely (but pleasently) surprised.

perpride said:
AkibaFan said:
dystopia said:

y? we knw it will be bettr thn FF13. FF13 is one ov my favrite games & because it will be bettr thn it versus cud be one of th best game evr. It is exclusive, they always hve more hype & r always bettr too.

If ANY RPG manages to be better than FFXIII this generation, I will be very hugely (but pleasently) surprised.

/thread

FFXIII-2 could be better than FF13

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
perpride said:
AkibaFan said:
dystopia said:

/thread

A sequel would be INSANE!!!

Around the Network
perpride said:
darthdevidem01 said:
perpride said:
AkibaFan said:
dystopia said:

/thread

Spoilers:

I'd really miss Fang though

It'll be interesting if it's exclusive and sells more than the main entry.

darthdevidem01 said:
perpride said:
darthdevidem01 said:
perpride said:
AkibaFan said:
dystopia said:

/thread

Spoilers:

I think that  part FFXIII's story could be used as a great plot devide if they were to make a sequel.

perpride said:
darthdevidem01 said:
perpride said:
darthdevidem01 said:
perpride said:
AkibaFan said:
dystopia said:

/thread

Spoilers:

I think that  part FFXIII's story could be used as a great plot devide if they were to make a sequel.

Yeah I guess so!

@theprof00

Versus aint selling over 6.5 - 7 Million as much as I'd want it to.

More than FF7?? Hell no! To be honest, I don't think ANY FF game will ever hit those numbers again, regardless of system.

Now, FF13 is a tougher call. I'd like to see it do more, but I'm afraid that the word 'versus' in the title will doom it as a spinoff to more people than the boost it might get from the console exclusive fans. (That boost, mind you, won't even offset the lack of a 360 version.) But alas, I think I see Versus falling into a little over 4 million for lifetime sales worldwide. Maybe its sales will be very close to FF13 PS3 only, but total FF13 will outsell, from how I see it.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...