By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is your favorite video game icon and why

Mario and Zelda are my number 1 gaming icons. I just can't get enough of that italian plumber.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Around the Network
Lastgengamer said:

Good choices everybody.

@thelifatree I'm still waiting to see your pick.

@Mendicate Bias is that your tattoo?

My honorable mention would be Pac-Man he ruled the arcades back in the day.

haha nooooo

I know if I ever get a tattoo like that I would so regret it in 20 years

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Link has to be my favorite video game character and it'll stay like that i grew up playing Zelda

EDIT I forgot one:

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Father of PlayStation Ken Kutargi,
Founder of Nintendo Fusajiro Yamauchi.
No need for explanation.

Around the Network
thelifatree said:
are you asking favorite videogame character? or Icon, cause I don't know if my character's an icon

If he has no personality, he's an icon (Sephiroth/Cloud not included, because they represent either other genres or things that are beyond genres)

And that's why Lightning, Kefka, Yuna, most other FF characters and Snake aren't game icons :P

And my favorite is probably Sephiroth.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Lightning rinoa tied, dnt make me chos btwn them!

in my point:
crono!!!

from a wide angle:
link

RageBot said:
thelifatree said:
are you asking favorite videogame character? or Icon, cause I don't know if my character's an icon

If he has no personality, he's an icon (Sephiroth/Cloud not included, because they represent either other genres or things that are beyond genres)

And that's why Lightning, Kefka, Yuna, most other FF characters and Snake aren't game icons :P

And my favorite is probably Sephiroth.

Icon definition:

1. also i·kon  (ī'kŏn')

1. An image; a representation.

2. A representation or picture of a sacred or sanctified Christian personage, traditionally used and venerated in the Eastern Church.

2. An important and enduring symbol: "Voyager will take its place ... alongside such icons of airborne adventure as The Spirit of St. Louis  and [the] Bell X-1 " (William D. Marbach).

3. One who is the object of great attention and devotion; an idol: "He is ... a pop icon designed and manufactured for the video generation" (Harry F. Waters).

4. a sign or representation that stands for its object by virtue of a resemblance or analogy to it.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Link, Snake, Samus and Mario because I know all their main games will be awesome.