By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is your favorite video game icon and why

RageBot said:
thelifatree said:
are you asking favorite videogame character? or Icon, cause I don't know if my character's an icon

If he has no personality, he's an icon (Sephiroth/Cloud not included, because they represent either other genres or things that are beyond genres)

And that's why Lightning, Kefka, Yuna, most other FF characters and Snake aren't game icons :P

And my favorite is probably Sephiroth.

This logic doesn't hold up in THIS topic, either! Shame on you.

My favorite icon is probably Mario.

He is pretty lovable.

Around the Network

Mario, he's just the most ICONIC thing ever.

Khuutra said:
RageBot said:
thelifatree said:
are you asking favorite videogame character? or Icon, cause I don't know if my character's an icon

If he has no personality, he's an icon (Sephiroth/Cloud not included, because they represent either other genres or things that are beyond genres)

And that's why Lightning, Kefka, Yuna, most other FF characters and Snake aren't game icons :P

And my favorite is probably Sephiroth.

This logic doesn't hold up in THIS topic, either! Shame on you.

My favorite icon is probably Mario.

He is pretty lovable.

:(

I think that I still need to rephrase what I said, in my opinion, an icon is an icon if you like him because of what he represents, and not what he is (that said, an icon can also be a character)

For example: Pepole pick Mario not because they find him interesting, or because they can identify with him, but because what he represents for them, either the Super Mario series, Platforming, or gaming at large

On the other hand, if someone's favorite character is Delita (from FFT), they probably pick him interesting and because they liked the game's plot.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.