Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

darthdevidem01 said:
he's in chapter 9 lifatree

he can't go to pulse

ho shit :D, that's why all my advice is bad... oops uhh pretend I didn't say anything.

Cant you go back to that stair maze before it or that weird monster platform maze? and hack away enemies, I don't remember what the hell I did there.

I don't know what you can do there, other than cast haste protect, and wack... I'll quit giving advice :D

I had 2 medics and made sure that whenever he was about to unleash his really powerful attacks I was fully healed so could survive. Grind away the heads as best you can and if all else fails use your summon to recover your party and give you another chance if the worst happens. You really need a synergist, saboteur and 2x medics to make it easy on yourself imo. Obviously make sure you cast Libra or use a Librascope at the start.

just look up some vids on youtube or look at giudes in gamefacts.com or something there everywhere

Around the Network

I didn't have a problem with him the first time. It was the 2nd encounter I struggled with, but I grinded til I beat his ass.

Here's my go to team (at that time):

Lightening: Good Commando, Decent Ravager, Decent Medic.
Sazh: Good Synergist, Decent Ravager, Decent Commando
Vanille: Good Ravager, Good Medic, Good Saboteur

I tend to have two "attack paradigms" like: Com/Rav/Rav and Rav/Rav/Rav
I tend to have two "Stat Paradigms like: Com/Syn/Sab and Com/Rav/Sab
I always have two "heal Paradigms like: Med/Rav/Med and Com/Syn/Med

Kick things off with Com/Syn/Sab and get your team powered up while at the same time weakening Bartandalus. Once your teams "Magic" is boosted and the head of your choice is weak against "Magic", switch to Rav/Rav/Rav. Alternate between that paradigm and one of your "heal Paradims". Whenever your boosted stats wear off or Bartandalus' negative effects wear off, go back to using Com/Syn/Sab. Always try to keep your team's HP pretty high, too.

When Bartandalus tries to use his ultimate attack, summon your Eidolon to take the brunt of the attack. It'll only work once, though. Also, make sure that your party is wearing all of the HP boosting, damage absorbing equipment that you can. Strip anybody that's not going into battle of their accessories so that your battle party is sure to have all of the best items.

Later in the game, I found Hope to be a much better Synergist and Fang to be a much better Sabotuer but at that point, they were pretty underpowered. Later on, try using Two Synergists instead of One Syn and One Sab. Give two Sabs instead of one Syn and one Sab a shot, too.

AND MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE BATTLE SPEED SET ON THE SLOWEST SETTING FOR THIS BATTLE.

Good luck!!

Used shrouds for 5-starring, but it wasn't much different w/o them, just too slow.

God, I hate the his BGM.

Just use Vanille, Saszh and Lightning, go nuts attacking with everyone as ravager and use potions rather than changing paradigms to use your two healers, only do so when you health gets super low.

If you have gels use before battle and then a librascope at the start, you will do it easy this way.

alekth said:

Used shrouds for 5-starring, but it wasn't much different w/o them, just too slow.

God, I hate the his BGM.

The big problem with that video is that most of the text is written is "Jibber Jabber".  Nobody knows what a Final Fantasy 13 spell/paradigm is by looking at it because they all look alike!  Post the English version!