By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I am having trouble on final fantasy 13

I cant beat batandalus. I think he is the boss on level 9. Any tips and help?

Around the Network

Didin't you make this thread week ago? I swear you or someone with a drake avatar did.

BAsically use librascope at the start, kill each seperate head by seeing its weakness, then go for the main head

When he charges for destrudo keep attacking him & eventually he'll make a noise indicating he has suffered a big blow, this will cut destrudo's attack power in half, basically making sure your party doesn't die from the attack

If its the chapter 11 one, grind.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Didin't you make this thread week ago? I swear you or someone with a drake avatar did.

BAsically use librascope at the start, kill each seperate head by seeing its weakness, then go for the main head

When he charges for destrudo keep attacking him & eventually he'll make a noise indicating he has suffered a big blow, this will cut destrudo's attack power in half, basically making sure your party doesn't die from the attack

i did make this thread a week ago but that thread didnt really help. Anyways you want me to keep attacking him while he is in destrudo? Should i use relentless assault?

SpartenOmega117 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

i did make this thread a week ago but that thread didnt really help. Anyways you want me to keep attacking him while he is in destrudo? Should i use relentless assault?

Yup, use the combination where everyone is either a Commander, Ravager or a mix of both. MAke sure no-one is ina  role that can't attack

because you need to get a certain amount of HITS on him for him to say "ARGHHHH"...when he says "ARGHHHH" that means destrudo is halved & as long as your party's health is in the green section no-one should die.

k let me try that!!

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Yup, use the combination where everyone is either a Commander, Ravager or a mix of both. MAke sure no-one is ina  role that can't attack

because you need to get a certain amount of HITS on him for him to say "ARGHHHH"...when he says "ARGHHHH" that means destrudo is halved & as long as your party's health is in the green section no-one should die.

I didn't know this, I just did the first 14 or so misisons to get my chocobo then did this. :D

You don't have to keep making the same threads. Just bump the 1st ones.

that fighting while he is in destrudo didnt work. i wasnt fast enough? any other tips guys

SpartenOmega117 said:
that fighting while he is in destrudo didnt work. i wasnt fast enough? any other tips guys

how couldn't it work? was everyone attacking him?

If not just grind & level up your crystarium thingy.

Because thats how I beat him, but there are others with maybe better strategy;s for you.

Mine was Lightning, Vanille, and Sazh (not the best party I know but I picked the characters I liked., but I don't like hope unless he's talking to lightning)

And I used Sazh to cast haste as synergist, protect, etc... and other things (tho you can use shards). then made him go to ravager. And Vanille was a healer most of the time, but could use ravager. With lightning the option to heal as well, as commando.

Tho you could use a better line up I just, used the characters I liked.

However I think I had more HP than you, by a lot

So maybe you need to go to pulse