By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console Generation did you star gaming on?

Which console Generation did you star gaming on?

First Generation 17 8.95%

Second Generation 33 17.37%

Third Generation 76 40.00%

Fourth Generation 32 16.84%

Fifth Generation 22 11.58%

Sixth Generation 10 5.26%

Total:190

4th.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

I didn't start gaming until the 4th, but my first was a NES.

Yikes so many people picked 3rd generation

I didn't really play alot until I got a GC. N64 was too old for me yet I had one. Though I got a gameboy in
2001? With super mario bros delux.  That's when I started. Got a Gameboy and a GC 2 years later

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I have every one of these consoles except these two:
Pong , Nintendo Color TV Game

Commodore 64. I occasionally played one of the Atari consoles at my Aunt's house during the holiday season. My first console though was the NES. That's when I went from a white kid that looked like a dark hispanic kid to pale white from one summer to the next.

Around the Network

NES is the first baby for me

and when my cousin picked up a SNES, he gave me his whole NES 30 game collection. best day of my life!!!

Joelcool7 said:
thelifatree said:
What about computer, it was like ernie and burt on dos. and then nintendo :D

I was going to list Commodore 64, Amiga etc...etc.. but the computers didn't fall into the generation spectrum and can't really be considered consoles. The question was which console generation was your first so I couldn't really include computers.

Amiga did have a gaming console.  AmigaCD32.  I have it and it's still working.  I also have most of the Commodore and atari computers.  Lots of really good games on them.

The list is missing alot more consoles of which I have.

I started playing in the 2nd generation of consoles on the Intellivision. 

The first console I ever played was a 2600, and the first I ever owned was a 7800, so I put second gen even though when I started gaming on them, the third generation was already under way.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

2nd Generation for me with the brilliant Atari 2600.