By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Does it again... Three Weeks Running (In Japan)

grats for sony,but next week it will change

Around the Network
URNotE said:
impressed shows improvement if anything else.. earlier this year noone woulda thought this possible with only one game coming out capable of it

Of course we never though it was possible.  None of us expected Sony to float $3 billion of its own stocks to be able to do this.  Desperate times call for desperate measures, and thank goodness that PS3 benefited from it or Sony was in for a rough generation.

leo-j said:

They just need the U.S. I am in doubt, as long as the ps3 costs less than the 360 it may never outsell the X360 in the US.

Except you said it would outsell the Wii too.

I mean I didn't expect the PS3 to keep outselling the Wii in Japan for more than one, two weeks. So you beat me there - hat's off to you. But you're still very short of your prediction. The Wii is still outselling the PS3 by almost 2:1, and the PS3 outsold the 360 by 400 units, which is meaningless beyond the fact that they're tied, as it's well within the margin of error.

I wouldn't like John Lucas claiming he was right if the Wii sold only 250 million. Not when he predicted twice as much.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
endurance said:
grats for sony,but next week it will change

Maybe..

I wouldnt be too suprised if ps3 hardware manages 60k in japan next week. Wii should increase with wii fit.

mM
Zucas said:
DMeisterJ said:
@ Zucas. No. If you quote me I said, "Stop posting here if you don't trust the numbers and are going to badmouth the site". There was a stipulation there. I didn't contradict myself, I clarified. But take it how you want. You shouldn't post here, and then say the numbers arent right.

You are continuosly telling me that if I don't like the numbers not to be here.  It's like your bipolar and your fighting within yourself.  "if you don't like numbers than leave, but I'm not saying you shouldn't leave just an option, but you don't like the numbers so leave".  I mean bro what is it.  Either way I'm here to stay, but seriously its one or the other.

Ah Zucas, First off dude, I'm not your "bro".  Second, like I said.  I never told you to go, only if you didn't trust the numbers and were gonna badmouth the site.  If you're not going to do either, than I don't care if you go or stay, I'm just tired of seeing you whine over last weeks VGC vs. Fam vs. MC numbers.  It's over and done.  The PS3 has won for three weeks in a row. 

Around the Network
Zucas said:
URNotE said:
impressed shows improvement if anything else.. earlier this year noone woulda thought this possible with only one game coming out capable of it

Of course we never though it was possible.  None of us expected Sony to float $3 billion of its own stocks to be able to do this.  Desperate times call for desperate measures, and thank goodness that PS3 benefited from it or Sony was in for a rough generation.

Delusional much?

Zucas and DJ, shouldn't you both be happy the PS3 has won for the 3rd week in a row now? Why all the fighting, its nonsense? I was under the impression both of you like the PS3. If I am indeed correct on that assumption, then both of you should be happy together, holding hands, singing PS3 praise. What is the dealio...YO? Personally, I think it is pretty cool the PS3 has started selling decent. For a while now I have enjoyed watching Sony bleed money, and fail miserably at each attempt to see things going. Then I realized that my 600$ purchase of a PS3 would be pointless if Sony bought the farm this gen, and I really don't want to see that happen, to sony, or the money I dropped on their console. It was nice to see Sony in the competitors shoes for once, and if anything, it will only make them a better company for having to ride out these rough times. It was probably a good thing for Sony AND the Playstation brand.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

Lol, so many angry people in here^^ I clearly remember PS3 Fanboys on this site claming that Japan was no longer relevant, if you want to talk about SMG sales, no problem, even if it is not relevant at all in this discussion. I completely agree, some people were talking crazy about the sales of Mario in Japan, but hey, that's not so bad:D In fact, it will easily outsell Super Mario Sunshine, no doubt about this since this game is going to sell for a really long time, as almost all the Nintendo games seem to do. But anyway, Japan is becoming irrelevant, so who cares? ;)

By the way, you don't have to attack people personaly to express yourself, by reading some of the reactions, I really wonder who is really psycho^^

So much anger in this world, lol^^

No, Zucas likes the Wii, and is surprised that it's been outsold for three weeks. And believes MCs numbers from last week which paint the picture that PS3 and Wii are close. I like the PS3 though, which is why I started this post.

DMeisterJ said:
Zucas said:
DMeisterJ said:
@ Zucas. No. If you quote me I said, "Stop posting here if you don't trust the numbers and are going to badmouth the site". There was a stipulation there. I didn't contradict myself, I clarified. But take it how you want. You shouldn't post here, and then say the numbers arent right.

You are continuosly telling me that if I don't like the numbers not to be here. It's like your bipolar and your fighting within yourself. "if you don't like numbers than leave, but I'm not saying you shouldn't leave just an option, but you don't like the numbers so leave". I mean bro what is it. Either way I'm here to stay, but seriously its one or the other.

Ah Zucas, First off dude, I'm not your "bro". Second, like I said. I never told you to go, only if you didn't trust the numbers and were gonna badmouth the site. If you're not going to do either, than I don't care if you go or stay, I'm just tired of seeing you whine over last weeks VGC vs. Fam vs. MC numbers. It's over and done. The PS3 has won for three weeks in a row.

Responding only to your bolded part as the rest is irrelevant.  You've already lost that part of the debate through contradicting yourself.  But it's over and done if Media Create agrees with VGC and Famitsu.  If Media Create shows PS3 over Wii for last week, then  yea it is.  If not then there is discrepency.  Then its a matter of choosing which one you want, and I think we know obviously which one you'll pick and which one I'll pick, and of course what this site will pick.