By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Analyst: DS to becaome the best selling console by October or November

Nintendogamer said:
morenoingrato said:
Nintendogamer said:
Top 6 best selling system up to now:

PS2
DS
GB
PS1
GBA
Wii

Wii will top GBA this year and DS will top PS2 possible.

omg, ds will top ps3??

Type corrected.

By your logic you made the Gameboy and the Gameboy Advanced two different system, they all are from the same GAMEBOY line.

is like saying they are four different DS system; DS, DS lite, DSi and DSi XL

if I can remember there was the original GAMEBOY, Gameboy Pocket, GAMEBOY color, GAMEBOY Advance, GAMEBOY Advance SP, GAMEBOY micro.

it should be like this:

Top 5 best selling system up to now:

1) PS2

2) DS

3) GB

4) PS1

5) Wii

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

Around the Network
Mvp4eVa said:
Nintendogamer said:
morenoingrato said:
Nintendogamer said:
Top 6 best selling system up to now:

PS2
DS
GB
PS1
GBA
Wii

Wii will top GBA this year and DS will top PS2 possible.

omg, ds will top ps3??

Type corrected.

By your logic you made the Gameboy and the Gameboy Advanced two different system, they all are from the same GAMEBOY line.

if I can remember there was the original GAMEBOY, Gameboy Pocket, GAMEBOY color, GAMEBOY Advance, GAMEBOY Advance SP, GAMEBOY micro.

it should be like this:

1) PS2

2) DS

3) GB

4) PS1

5) Wii

But the GBA was a whole different hardware with it's own games.

Mvp4eVa said:

it should be like this:

1) PS2

2) DS

3) GB

4) PS1

5) Wii

I see you have already been shown why the Gameboy and Gameboy Advance should not be combined.  But I would also like to point out that you didn't even combine them correctly.  If you take the whole Gameboy line, it is number 1 by far.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

In conclusion, MVP guy, wtf?

SW-5120-1900-6153

rajendra82 said:
patjuan32 said:
rajendra82 said:

To me the DS beating PS2 is not all that impressive. Almost any family with multiple kids is going to have multiple DSs, and we actually have more than that for the times we are playing. Once one has a PS2, there is almost no need to get another unless the first one breaks. The DS has also gone through four hardware iterations and ships in multiple color versions of each, causing more sales for people who want to update or switch the looks. The PS2 on the other hand only had two major versions, and only shipped in a far fewer number of colors for each.

Almost any family with multiple kids is going to have multiple PSPs, and we actually have more than that for the times we are playing. Once one has a PS2, there is almost no need to get another unless the first one breaks. The PSP has also gone through four hardware iterations and ships in multiple color versions of each, causing more sales for people who want to update or switch the looks. The PS2 on the other hand only had two major versions, and only shipped in a far fewer number of colors for each. Yet the PSP is not on the verge of outselling the PS2. The DS on the other hand is and that is impressive.

This is not meant to be offensive.

Not evey hadheld is successful.  Some fail.  When (if) the Wii beats the PS2, I'll consider that a much greater achivement than when the DS beats the PS2.  The Wii would have done it one sale per home at a time, and with no hardware iterations.  The DS is a great success, yes, but relatively not as great as PS2 was for its time.

I understand what you are saying but I respecfully disagree with you. However, you are entitled to your opinion.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Around the Network

DS is the king!
Just wish I had more time to play my DS and had more games to look forward to.

It's just that simple.

Lol... I'm sorry but lots of the debate seems about moving goal posts again.

Respect for your opinions but come on... bottom line the industry looks at sales of all the consoles... then thats pretty much it.

I game.  You game.  We game.

I'm a videogamer, not a fanboy, but have a special place for Nintendo.

Current Systems Owned: NSwitch/PS4/XONE/WiiU/3DS/2DS/PCGaming Rig-i7/ASUS i7 Gaming Laptop.

Previous Game Consoles:  PS3/Xbox360/Wii/DSL/Pretty much every one thats been released since the Atari 2600.

theRepublic said:

Mvp4eVa said:

it should be like this:

1) GB

2) PS2

3) DS

4) PS1

5) Wii

I see you have already been shown why the Gameboy and Gameboy Advance should not be combined.  But I would also like to point out that you didn't even combine them correctly.  If you take the whole Gameboy line, it is number 1 by far.

fixed...GB is #1

@bold, Its always good to know, but I didn't see it that way, for me it only was another iteration design more than a total different system.

So, the DS and the DSlite should be in a different category when compared to the DSi.

DS and DSlite can't play DSi exclusive games for the lack of Camera, RAM and CPU speed (which is always a plus), thus making the DSi a whole different hardware with its own games also. (same cpu is kept for ds BC, like Wii's cpu for Gamecube BC)

DSi specs

Bigger screen

Built-in web browser.

New UI.

DSi ware store for DL apps and games

Photo-editing and sharing app

DSi games only, that takes advantage of systems hardware (camera, ram, cpu).

DS backward compatible.

Memory slot SD up to 2gb and SDHC up to 32gb.

Two built-in vga camera.

5 brightness settings. One more than previous.

Audio recording

Enhanced microphone and stereo system.

Plays AAC music files.

256mb of internal memory. 

4x the ram @16mb of RAM.

CPU OC @133mhz 2x faster than previous models.

But I'll stick with the majority the GB and GBA are two diff breeds.

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller