By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto Hints again at Wii Music 2

I think Miyamoto was onto something with Wii Music but he had a few problems.
One - although it seems simple it actually requires you to have musical talent which most people don't. Without an ear for melody and harmony, it's just a noise maker, nothing more.
Two - At the time Guitar Hero had set the standard and Wii Music was a completely different beast and not what people were looking for.
Three - Midi music and classic kids songs? Really? Com'on.
Four - Didn't go far enough.
Five - Tech wasn't there. WM+ will probably help.

In essence, I would like to see a sequel, IF they can find a way to let anyone make music, easily, not noise, music, and really blows the doors off and do it properly. Much more user content too and sharing. Sometimes Miyamoto is too far behind the times and missing the boat. Animal Crossing Wii could've / should've been Farmville.

Around the Network

I think Zelda Wii is delayed, and Nintendo needs a new star for Holiday 2010 lineup to fight against Medal of Honor, Call of Duty Special Ops, LBP2, and the Last Guardian. And Wii Music is going to be it.

Wii Music 2 is not a good idea...

WiiDance on the other hand... It could be the next 10+ million seller.

1   2   3  not only you and me.

Livin' in sin is the new thing.

Let's hope that he's just messing with us.

I'd rather have a Donkey Kong Barrel Blast sequel.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Oh crap. I need to play Wii Music before the second one comes around.
I wonder where I left it.

Around the Network
Galaki said:

Probably on the store shelf.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
Galaki said:

Probably on the store shelf.

Bought it more than a yr ago. Just don't have time to even bother opening it up.

solracbrit said:

Wii Music 2 is not a good idea...

WiiDance on the other hand... It could be the next 10+ million seller.

WiiDance could really sell. I think WiiParty will be a big title too. However I think Nintendo is saving alot for E3 and we don't even know the tip of the iceberg.

I suspect Nintendo will have a stellar 2010 line-up with hopefully Zelda heading it up. I can't wait to see what they have instore for us. If this E3 turns out like the one the initially WiiMusic was announced at I will freak out and punch the hell out of my pillow, Or maybe do an hour of boxing in WiiFit!

Nintendo cannot use WiiMusic as one of their big titles this fall if they release the sequel at all.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Last year was definatelly step up from Nin with all 3 main franchises having their entry announced. Now this year it's back to the casual... Wii Music, Wii Party... bah. Add third side of Cammy after the crazy mom and ice cold queen and Nintendo won the E3 :P

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

If they ditch the MIDI and public domain songs, it might actually be a huge seller.