By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you have a music playing machine in the same room as your consoles?

Do you have a music playing machine in the same room as your consoles?

Yes - a computer 13 54.17%

Yes - a hifi system 8 33.33%

No but I have a portable mp3 player 1 4.17%

No 2 8.33%

Total:24

I've always been confused by the whole concept of being able to change the ingame music. I've always assumed that 95% or more of us gamers can do this already by turnign the game music volume to 0, and playing music the normal way. Is this the case for you?

And for those who like customisable in game music, care to explain it to me?

Around the Network

Hm, I have my computer in the same room, but it's connected to the same A/V receiver the console is connected to. So I'd have to switch audio cables to have video from the console and sound from the computer (and fiddle with settings for the Wii where it isn't an optical cable).

I prefer ingame music anyway though.

No, but I think for 95% of games changing the in game music is stupid.

yes, I have the 360 in the room. Custom Soundtracks ftw!

I have a 5 disc stereo and after 8 years I'm surprised it still works. I usually listen to the in game music, but every once and a while I'll mute the tv and play my custom soundtracks

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

Around the Network

I'm using the music on my PC when I play games like Forza 3, FIFA/PES or even FFXIII (I only turn the music on during fights of course)
Hell I actually use 2 monitors and usually watch some South Park episodes while playing Forza or FIFA/PES.
TF2 with custom music rocks as well.

ya my PC or stereo

5.1 DTS System connected to my PS3. The custom soundtracks don't overbear the SFX of the game, so important information can still be heard.

Have my PC as well as a Blu-ray player hooked up to my Pioneer 7.1 head unit connected to my Klipche system :) 1200 Watts of pure subwoofer power!!! it kicks ass to play games or listen to music on

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

I'm weird when it comes to that. It feels awkward to my sense of hearing to play music from another source while playing a game. If I'm doing something on my computer, for example, and I have a portable stereo playing music, something about that bothers me and I'd rather be listening to it through my PC speakers.

Same thing with consoles. I'd rather a game have custom soundtracks than have a sound system playing music separately.

Then to top it off, there's also the balancing act of making sure the volume of the music is just right and not too quiet or too loud.