By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - All good thing come to an end. Halo 2 down to just one final player.

Jereel Hunter said:
jlauro said:
What, you have to pay for an online service and they don't even support their games for long???

huh? This was an original Xbox game. I'd say 4 years past the system being sunsetted (more than 6 years after it's release) is pretty good.

This came out right near the time of the 360, and plays on the 360.  It's barely over 5 years old.

I have games on my PC over 10 years old that I can still play online.  I wouldn't both mentioning it if it wasn't for the fact that you have to pay for xbox live.  They should be able to support a game as popular as halo 2 more than 5 years if you are paying for online service, otherwise what's the point of having to pay for online?

Around the Network
SHMUPGurus said:
jlauro said:
What, you have to pay for an online service and they don't even support their games for long???

Lucky you never bought any EA Sports titles in the past few years, you would have been way more confused...!

It's kinda funny that most EA games get shutdown. I wonder if the Old Need for Speeds are shut down?

My copy of Burnout Revenge still works online, and that game is over 4+ years old.

It's just that simple.

jlauro said:
Jereel Hunter said:
jlauro said:

huh? This was an original Xbox game. I'd say 4 years past the system being sunsetted (more than 6 years after it's release) is pretty good.

This came out right near the time of the 360, and plays on the 360.  It's barely over 5 years old.

I have games on my PC over 10 years old that I can still play online.  I wouldn't both mentioning it if it wasn't for the fact that you have to pay for xbox live.  They should be able to support a game as popular as halo 2 more than 5 years if you are paying for online service, otherwise what's the point of having to pay for online?

5 years is a long time in console gaming. Games have a much shorter life span, part of why sequels coem out so much more often, and 90% of lifetime sales are generally within the first month or two. (vs PC games, which have slow trickle sales over many years)  It's a different market. For a 5.5 year old game from a last generation system, quite frankly I'm surprised they waited this long to pull the plug.

This was to be expected from a game like Halo 2.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo