By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - are there enough wii titles available now to make wii a worthy purchase?

Iv'e been considering the same thing lately. The pricecut helped peek my interest, but i still feel that the system is just to expensive for the hardware that you get. There are some titles that i would love to play like the new Super Mario Brothers, Mario kart Wii etc, and Monster Hunter Tri looks good aswell. But then again i fear that besides some great Nintendo games, future motion control offerings for the PS3 and X360(wich i both already own), will make the Wii a bit obsolete.

To put it all together i just can't get myself to shell out 200 bucks for a system with just a few games i really like, and wich i fear won't stand the test of time. So all in all it depends on the number of games that you really want that are only on the Wii, if that number exceeds five and there are more games that he is looking forward to, he should get it.

p.s. The thing that really stops me from taking the dive and buy a Wii is alway's the lack for HD support. I know know that sounds a bit stupid but i do almost all of my gaming(except PC) on a HD projector(100+ inch screen), and i fear Wii games will just look horrible on that.

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
yes

not very helpful :p

On November 19th, 2006, I would have told you yes.

Now, it's **** yes!

If he doesn't like Mario then I don't know what to tell ya. I don't like Mario either and I think the Wii is good for a few other titles, but I don't know if there enough to warrant a purchase from your friend.

No More Heroes 1 + 2 is pretty cool and very interesting.

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is very good.

Monster Hunter just came out.

The Metroid Trilogy is a very worthy pick up.

You've got a new Zelda coming out this year and Twilight Princess has been ported to the Wii with motion control's added.

Despite what everyone else say's, the on rail shooter's on the system are pretty fun.

I haven't played it yet, but Red Steel 2 is meant to be very good (I played the first and it was horrible, they fixed everything in the second).

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is fantastic.

That's all I can think of what I like about the Wii, so I hope that help's.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Oh i just saw you said he doesn't like Mario(Nintendo) games. I think that takes away more than half of the good games on Wii... Personally if it were not for Nintedo's offerings i wouldn't even consider a Wii.(if he's in for shooter and action games he is probably better of with a X360 for the same price).

Around the Network

It depends on one tastes.

360 is said to have an amazing catalogue, but for my personal tastes, the console doesn't have enough good games to justify a purchase.

It really depends on you, not others, honestly.

Well if if he's into those genres show him Monster Hunter 3, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Madworld, Little King's Story, and Resident Evil 4 (if he doesn't have it). If those games pique his interest then your golden.

If those game don't interest him then show him some of the upcoming games he might like, like Xenoblade, Last Story, Dragon Quest X, Arc Rise Fantasia, Tales of Graces, Metroid: Other M, Sin and Punishment 2, Epic Mickey and Samurai Warriors 3.

If he doesn't like those then mention all the great games he can play on Wiiware and VC. If he doesn't care then the Wii isn't for him.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

there has always been enough

hallowedbeeddie said:
is because he was asking me what to recommend him but he DOES NOT like mario. so I dont know if there are enough for him

If you don't like Mario you're either way too obsessed with appearing masculine or stupid. It sounds like Mario was his excuse to keep his street cred with his xbros.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

griffinA said:
Well if if he's into those genres show him Monster Hunter 3, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Madworld, Little King's Story, and Resident Evil 4 (if he doesn't have it). If those games pique his interest then your golden.

If those game don't interest him then show him some of the upcoming games he might like, like Xenoblade, Last Story, Dragon Quest X, Arc Rise Fantasia, Tales of Graces, Metroid: Other M, Sin and Punishment 2, Epic Mickey and Samurai Warriors 3.

If he doesn't like those then mention all the great games he can play on Wiiware and VC. If he doesn't care then the Wii isn't for him.

thanks. I think I´ll do that. but I´m starting to think he is not going to like it. hes considers himself a harcore:/ andhe mocks me if I play galaxy >:l