By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 vs XBox 360 attach ratio

MikeB said:
@ Chrizum

Are you a preteen?

Nice, I don't know what's sadder, the fact that you got away with this, or the fact that if Chrizum is a preteen, he bested you. 

Anywho, I think you forget two facts that are rather important...1 one year head start is irrelevant, and software sales =/= attach rates. 

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network

I wonder if this tie-ratio table from VGC 3.0 will put this thread to rest:

Pos Console Americas Japan EMEAA Worldwide
1 Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) 13.15 11.31 9.25 11.09
2 Microsoft Xbox (XB) 11.97 7.32 8.91 10.90
3 Microsoft Xbox 360 (X360) 11.32 6.52 8.80 10.19
4 Nintendo GameCube (GC) 10.70 6.82 8.92 9.59
5 Sony PlayStation (PS) 9.12 13.25 7.58 9.39
6 Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3) 9.31 5.03 8.13 8.13
7 Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) 6.79 11.67 5.06 8.08
8 Sega Dreamcast (DC) 8.81 6.82 7.35 7.91
9 Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) 5.78 11.35 5.74 7.72
10 Nintendo Wii (Wii) 8.45 4.51 6.86 7.26
11 Nintendo 64 (N64) 6.89 7.18 6.71 6.90
12 Sega Genesis (GEN) 5.97 7.94 5.78 6.16
13 Nintendo DS (DS) 5.62 5.66 4.88 5.33
14 Sega Saturn (SAT) 3.77 6.15 3.31 5.28
15 Nintendo GameBoy Advance (GBA) 5.22 4.31 3.80 4.63
16 Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) 5.16 3.85 4.06 4.37
17 Nintendo GameBoy (GB) 4.33 4.84 3.64 4.22
18 Sega GameGear (GG) 3.97 3.39 3.11 3.60

I cant believe I missed this thread....well he is banned soo it is pretty futile to say anything more to destroy his logic any futher (like all his threads end up to be)....

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

ironman said:
MikeB said:
@ Chrizum

Are you a preteen?

Nice, I don't know what's sadder, the fact that you got away with this, or the fact that if Chrizum is a preteen, he bested you. 

Anywho, I think you forget two facts that are rather important...1 one year head start is irrelevant, and software sales =/= attach rates. 

That's not true.

I'm not siding with MikeB here, but a headstart in software sales does mean a higher attach ratio, it has to do because otherwise the ratios wouldn't increase over time.

TWRoO said:
ironman said:
MikeB said:
@ Chrizum

Are you a preteen?

That's not true.

I'm not siding with MikeB here, but a headstart in software sales does mean a higher attach ratio, it has to do because otherwise the ratios wouldn't increase over time.

no...software sales are not console attach rates. They are more of an indication.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Around the Network

come to think of it, ps3 is selling a lot of software for its install base, compared to 360 with its instal base.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
come to think of it, ps3 is selling a lot of software for its install base, compared to 360 with its instal base.

Point and case, software sales =/= attach rates.

Past Avatar picture!!!

ironman said:
TWRoO said:
ironman said:
MikeB said:
@ Chrizum

Are you a preteen?

That's not true.

no...software sales are not console attach rates. They are more of an indication.

I highlighted the yellow part, that was what I was talking about.... the 1 year headstart does mean a higher attach ratio.

MikeB said:
@ Chrizum

You completely failed to understand the core of what was being stated in those first 2 posts.

BTW

1) The PS3 was meanwhile already adjusted upwards for Europe/others here on VGChartz for a period preceding the period the original post was referring to.
2) In the latest fiscal year reports we see a clear attach ratio advantage for the PS3, PS3 owners bought a lot more software despite having sold 4.47 million less hardware than the XBox 360 shipped by the end of March 2010.

This were exactly the raised issues, just reread, it doesn't take a rocket scientist.

Rocket scientist here, what seems to be the problem?

TWRoO said:
ironman said:
TWRoO said:
ironman said:
MikeB said:
@ Chrizum

Are you a preteen?

That's not true.

I highlighted the yellow part, that was what I was talking about.... the 1 year headstart does mean a higher attach ratio.

it's true the 1 year head start helps, but lets be honest we're talking about only a 6 million headstart on a system that has sold 40 million now.  All that means is an extra 6 million people had the console for an extra 1 year or less depending on when they bought it, that's the advantage of the head start.  It should be taken into consideration but it's clearly not enough to overtake the 360's advantage yet and it becomes less significant of a factor as time goes on. 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X