By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft made blu-ray?

Yep... it's true!!! Your friend is a dumb ass!!!!

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Around the Network
thelifatree said:

Sony didn't invent blu-ray by themself, they own less than 1/4th of the blu-ray IP THe blu-ray disc association is

Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Philips, Thomson, LG (Lucky GoldStar) Electronics, Hitachi, Sharp, and Samsung

Thus your friend real, or a figmant of your imagination. Is not very reasonable thinker

Microsoft have something to do with the codec the Blu-Ray platform uses.

kiefer23 said:
thelifatree said:

Sony didn't invent blu-ray by themself, they own less than 1/4th of the blu-ray IP THe blu-ray disc association is

Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Philips, Thomson, LG (Lucky GoldStar) Electronics, Hitachi, Sharp, and Samsung

Thus your friend real, or a figmant of your imagination. Is not very reasonable thinker

Microsoft have something to do with the codec the Blu-Ray platform uses.

isn't that just the codec of the movie?

like a playstation 3 game doesn't use the codec, as it's a data disc for ps3. Like the Blu-Ray disc itself does not have to use data that requires that codec correct?

But I guess you could say it then. It's kind of a grey area though as blu-ray's are intended heavily for movies.

Joel12345 said:

One of my friend said the Sony copies everything from Microsoft and that they got Blu ray from microsoft,is this true?(Note I already checked online and it says sony made it but they could be wrong)

He also said that Merceneries 2 runs better on a 360 using a old tv then a 40inch plasma running on the ps3 and thats why 360 has better graphics (I know that its the developers not the consoles)

and he said that resistance is a copy of COD 4(The release dates say it all)

oh he said that the ps3 is a overprice cd player

I think I should show him this site that has educated gamers

So....what do you guys think of him?

You know you can burn fire?

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

My god your friend is a moron...

My advice? Make better friends ;)

90snintendofan said:
Joel12345 said:

One of my friend said the Sony copies everything from Microsoft and that they got Blu ray from microsoft,is this true?(Note I already checked online and it says sony made it but they could be wrong)

He also said that Merceneries 2 runs better on a 360 using a old tv then a 40inch plasma running on the ps3 and thats why 360 has better graphics (I know that its the developers not the consoles)

and he said that resistance is a copy of COD 4(The release dates say it all)

oh he said that the ps3 is a overprice cd player

I think I should show him this site that has educated gamers

So....what do you guys think of him?

Dude, couldn't of captioned it any better. Awesome, No Country for Old Men?

MS are most likely in the Blu-ray patent pool, baring in mind that even Toshiba is in the patent pool it's not saying much.

LOOOOL!!!!!!! no sony spent like 10 years desighning blu-ray.

Ray Blu? Isn't that the new actor who's name i keep seeing on all the latest movies?? He is so hot right now!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’