By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ModNation Racers will be better than that Nintendo racer

Does the fact that ModNation Racers will sell like shit compared to Mario Kart, which it is a direct ripoff of, come into play at all?

I'll say this, I disagree with those who claim that UGC is a bad thing. I enjoy making UGC, and something is better than nothing anyday of the week. However, it's pushing it a little far to call it a selling point of a game. The game has to stand on its own merits first, before I'll waste my time making my shitty ass levels for it.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

yeah modnation might be good but will never be better than racing with nintendo characters or sega ones

I dont even think the game will be funner than crash team racing

its a shame sony doesnt have good mascots besides ratchet
and whatever happened to jak (explain that to me naughty dog)

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Does the fact that ModNation Racers will sell like shit compared to Mario Kart, which it is a direct ripoff of, come into play at all?

I'll say this, I disagree with those who claim that UGC is a bad thing. I enjoy making UGC, and something is better than nothing anyday of the week. However, it's pushing it a little far to call it a selling point of a game. The game has to stand on its own merits first, before I'll waste my time making my shitty ass levels for it.

Did you even bother to read to OP?

How is MNR a rip off of Mario KART?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

It's a kart racer so it just HAS to be a rip off right? It's like all car racers are a rip off of, hmm not sure, NFS? Seriosuly these comments are a joke..the fact that MNR has many things that other kart racers this gen can only dream of must be why some are whining like this. It does not ride on the fame of an over milked characters of a publisher nor does it follow the same formula a previous game from last gen used just on a new console, that is enough to make it stand on it's own merit

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

psrock said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

lol....wtf

Yes, I read the whole goddamn OP, twice. What is up with the win for controls going to MNR? That is, imo, pure anti-Wii trolling, claiming that somehow waggle and motion controls detracts from the game. You know what that is. It's like saying that UGC takes away from MNR. You have the OPTION to do motion controls OR regular controls on MKWII so shouldn't it win in the controls department, or at least tie assuming MNR will have Move support(which I'd assume it would)??

That OP was biased, imo.

Next, how is it a ripoff? It's a damn clone. I can tell you the pitch the devs gave to Sony.

"OK guys, imagine Mario Kart, then we have Sony characters, or PS3 avatars, or whatever as the drivers instead of Nintendo characters. Then, we let users create custom tracks. It'll be popular because Mario Kart is hugely popular and there is no equivelant of it on the PS3 or any console really, for fans of the genre."

It's basically, adding a clock to an existing product. You ever seem them do that? You make a new thing, and somebody clones it, adds a clock, and says that it's a new item.

Are you seriously saying that this game is not inherantly related to the success of Mario Kart?

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

btw to that mugen guy

its a rip off of mario kart bcuz u get items to attack ur opponents while you race
just like sega all star racing was a clone 2

so stop defending sony for nothing

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

to the twistedcellz guy

stop being like dear liddle Ninty made everything and others are ripping them, so stop defending them over nothing

Kart racers have been around for ages, heck even Atari had one if I'm not mistaken in the 90's...Even Jak had a racers with weapons! This is like saying all racing games are clones since they have wheels and drifting!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

ZenfoldorVGI said:
psrock said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

lol....wtf

Yes, I read the whole goddamn OP, twice. What is up with the win for controls going to MNR? That is, imo, pure anti-Wii trolling, claiming that somehow waggle and motion controls detracts from the game. You know what that is. It's like saying that UGC takes away from MNR. You have the OPTION to do motion controls OR regular controls on MKWII so shouldn't it win in the controls department, or at least tie assuming MNR will have Move support(which I'd assume it would)??

That OP was biased, imo.

Next, how is it a ripoff? It's a damn clone. I can tell you the pitch the devs gave to Sony.

"OK guys, imagine Mario Kart, then we have Sony characters, or PS3 avatars, or whatever as the drivers instead of Nintendo characters. Then, we let users create custom tracks. It'll be popular because Mario Kart is hugely popular and there is no equivelant of it on the PS3 or any console really, for fans of the genre."

It's basically, adding a clock to an existing product. You ever seem them do that? You make a new thing, and somebody clones it, adds a clock, and says that it's a new item.

Are you seriously saying that this game is not inherantly related to the success of Mario Kart?

You obviously need to read to OP again because you missed the whole point of this thread.

The only thing that seems similar to me is the fact they are both KART racing games. It's like calling Forza a ripoff of GT.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

yeah mugen and jak x (love that game)was ripping of MK
doesnt mean its a bad thing its just a fact

Im not defendin mario kart I was just statin a fact

btw I got a ps3 and play alot of it so Im not bias

and for me modnation would've been 10 times better with characters like jak and ratchet but sony doesnt have good mascots

u gotta stop doin this its like you never played another console than sony ones

@Zen and Twist

I'm curious, at what point does Kart Racing become a subgenre instead of every game that comes out with Karts being a ripoff of Mario Kart?

I mean you guys recognize TPS as a subgenre right? And don't call every one of those an RE4 clone.