By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Developers Shift To Leading On PS3!

@ ROBOTECHHEAVEN

he has said many times over that the ps3 has about a 10% more power in the cpu side

if their is one guy who i will trust more that others in what a system's potential could be is him

I doubt he would state something this wrong. If he did you shouldn't trust him at all.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

Wonderful news for SONY PlayStation 3!!!

Is just the only way Microsoft going to be able to compete with PS3. I honestly don't see Natal accomplishing anything, nor Move. Just a gimmick that the general audience won't even know exist. Xbox 360 price drop is only way they going to keep sales higher. As I said and you pointed out, most Xbox 360 owners bough a second Xbox because first broke, that means they have new Jasper version which is less likely to break. That means they loosing around half their market(rebuyers), in other word a decline in sale.

Halo: Reach is the last Xbox 360 exclusive worth talking about, once that is gone, then what? Gears of War is already oversaturated, Alan Wake was a failure. I'm not saying the games suck, I'm refering to mass appeal into purchasing a console. Microsoft suffers from lack of first party syndrome and it will hurt them badly in the coming years. They going to have to keep buying publishers exclusivity but even that is failing now because the PS3 audience is getting too big to be ignored. Most companies make more profit on the PS3. Everyone knows PS3 is only going in the rise right now, expect Microsoft to play very aggresive with pricing.

Developers are shifting lead to PS3 but thats mostly because its easier to port to Xbox 360. In term of game difference it just means they can make games equally good in both console. But thirdparty games will never match the quality of first party because they must keep the limitation of 2 consoles in mind. RPG suffer the most from this, FFXIII insane compression on the Xbox version is a example. I'm willing to bet if they had intented to make it for two consoles from the start they would of made both 720p just to lower the toll on the processors and storage. In fact im willing to bet their next RPG if its multiplataform will be 720p. For those who still doubt it the Xbox version of FFXIII is less than 720p. Just the disk limitation alone is a issue. Developers dont like making multi-disk. Say a game is 200mb too much for 1 disk. They going to just cut a bit of the game out to make it 1 disk. Storage limit is a issue when you have limited budget. Microsoft charges for making games more than 1 disk. Cutting cost is nothing new. It probably has happen many times and you would never know because they would never go out and say it. Just like movies get cut to make space in teathers in order to increase sales PROFIT.

This is why I really loved the design of the ps2 and the ps3, making it hard to develop on is risky, but it pays off. The increasing potential of games being drip-fed to us gamers prolongs the consoles life and continues to surprise us. Instead of having to upgrade the hardware every 3 years we just wait until they tap into it's potential more and more.

I'm just glad that the user base is picking up, the price is cheaper now and that developers are really starting to make some interesting stuff before the consoles gets a bit too old.

@ remnant, Capcom admitted to doing just that for Lost Planet 2 the game was too large so a bunch of stuff was cut so they would not have to go on a second disc, as a PS3 owner that pissed me off, cause I know the blu-ray couldve handled it no problem, but I get shafted a bit cause they dont want to work a little harder for 360. shouldve given 360 owners DLC and put everything on bluray for PS3

Around the Network

This thread is the response to the other thread that says we like praising the loser console or w.e

mM
oniyide said:
@spartanOmega you took the words right out of my mouth, I going to go further and officially state that devs. are just lazy this gen, some didnt WANT to learn the PS3,

Why should they? They still can't get basic ports right 5 years after receiving the DK's and they ain't gonna. It just wasn't worth it.

Lastgengamer said:

I figured this to mean that PS3 multiplatform games would suffer less from the many issues related from getting ports from the 360 which is hard to do with good results.

With the Xbox 360 being the reportedly easier platform to develop for. I take it will be seeing more comparable ports with no clear difference from either version just more equality between them.

Just those specific games perhaps. Not that that says much about those games or the PS3 as a whole, the more powerful Gamecube and Xbox consoles put out significantly superior ports on a regular basis whether they were delayed or released day and date. But when you ported RE4 and Chaos Theory for instance to the PS2, it was a shado of what they were. Some consoles are just the lowest denominator. If the PS2 could do it, you knew GC & Xbox could do it and then some, same with the PS3, you optimise it "enough" for that, of course the 360 and PC are going to handle it.

SpartenOmega117 said: I dont think any multplatfrom game has even the level killzone 2 yet. Wouln't it be awesome if all muliplatform shooters looked as good as killzone 2. I think devs want to hit that power for their own games. So guys this isn't a bad thing.

It was generally accepted by numerous review sources (IGN, Game Informer and Gametrailers) that MW2 exceeded KZ2.

SpartenOmega117 said:  So guys this isn't a bad thing. And people it is a fact that the PS3 is more powerful than the 360. The Ps3 simply has newer technology.

Crysis 2 says the media. Specifically the Xbox 360 version is the best looking console game revealed...not just released.

The real question is what will match Crysis 2 on the 360 since Crytek have confirmed the PS3 versions lighting is being downgraded

I see many ppl saying who care about these but it does matter alot. Ex.( I'm doing this because most 360 hardcore are fps players n I'm not trying to fanbonized but just prove a point) what IF just IF; COD MW the first came out and it was just amazing for ps3 and a piece of crap for 360. I would be that more than one person would be pissed off about it and would let others know. It's the same bullshit that happened with byonetta and the ps3. A potential AAA was lost for bad porting. And yes ps3 owners have proven in fact that fps aren't as important as the 360. I'll bet that if AW was ps3 exclusive it would of sold more in the EU and ww. Is just the user base is diff. It matters on sales too since if byonetta was actually good for ps3 than more than likely it would have sold alot more. But then again I could be wrong and be pulling the shit right out of my arse just like good old patcher does.

themanwithnoname said:
MikeB said:
It's well known the XBox 360's capabilities is severely holding back multi-platform developers.

The current situation with the 360 I see as a love and hate thing.

If the XBox 360 stays on the market for many more years, the positive aspect is that there's a bigger 360/PS3/PC installbase for multi-platform game companies to take advantage of. Allowing for bigger multi-platform game budgets.

If the XBox 360 is discontinued by next year, that would can also be positive as PC/PS3 games development can gain a lot from this from a technical perspective.

As time goes on and the PS3 installbase increases, scenario 2 gets ever more interesting and relevant.

Yeah, I'm sure it'll be discontinued next year. After all, it's not like they have Gears of War 3 lined up for next year, nevermind Mass Effect 3, which could even release in 2012, and Natal games.

I was about to post the same thing... Microsoft is going to have a massive advertising budget for Natal (or whatever its final name will be) and MikeB is speculating about them dropping the console less than a year later. 

In MikeB's world it must make complete sense to drop something when it's finally turning a healthy profit (360) while continuing to support for years to come a product that doesn't make close to the same profit - if it really has made any at all (PS3).

LMAO some of the xbox ppl here are just so desperate to make their console look like its 10 years ahead from our time(*Raz).

Crysis 2 PS3 'performs better than 360 version'
Wednesday 14-Apr-2010 12:45 PM Crytek admits it's getting more from Sony's machine

Crytek has admitted that it's getting "slightly more performance" out of the PS3 version of Crysis 2 than the Xbox 360 edition.

"At the moment, we're getting slightly more performance from PS3 compared to 360. I'm very confident that products using CryEngine 3 are going to come out as the best looking, or at least in the top three, on every platform."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=242728

RAGE now more stable on PS3 than Xbox 360
May 4th, 2010 at 2:08 pm -

Worries about the PS3 version should now be put to rest, with the game’s lead designer Tim Willits telling Eurogamer at a live demonstration that RAGE is even more stable on the PS3 than on the Xbox 360 version. It was the 360 build that was on show at the demonstration, a demonstration where the game ran fast, “seldom if ever dipping so much as a toe below the 60-frames-per-second watermark.” So to hear that the PS3 build is finally up to scratch is good news, even if we’ll have to wait until 2011 for the game to come out.

There was also some question as to how many DVDs the Xbox 360 version will ship on; two or three. iD has now managed to cram the game onto just two DVDs, but whether this has had any negative effect on the game at all is currently unknown. RAGE releases for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC next year. You can find a new set of screenshots for the game in our RAGE gallery.

http://www.playstationuniversity.com/rage-now-more-stable-on-ps3-than-xbox-360-3753/

Go cry in the corner serzly.