By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Video: ModNation Racers CRAZY LONG load times.

Ok well that's a little bit annoying. However I would point out that this is 3 minutes 35 seconds from start up of the game to get to your first race. It would seem that 2-2.5 minutes of loading would only happen on start up. So between finishing one race and starting another the load times will be much shorter.

It's quite misleading to suggest that you're going to experience that sort of load time hassle for every race. The load time for the race itself came in at about 45 seconds I think. A tad long sure, but it's something I can live with and it's only a bit longer than load times for LBP levels. The one load time that seems unreasonably long for an installed game is the start up load time.

Thread title and OP are a bit overblown IMO.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
psrock said:
Euphoria14 said:
psrock said:
Euphoria14 said:
psrock said:
I don't really care, I am buying this game.

You're most definitely a much more tolerant man than I am.

no, I just won't miss out on a great game because af load times that will probably be fixed with a simple update.

And I will be picking it up if the loading times get fixed through an update.

It is just that for me ~4 minutes is way too much to wait from going from XMB to a race.

The ~1 minute wait will be for each and every race unless you're redoing a race.

They better fix it or it's going to cost them tons of sales. I want this game though, it looks so much fun to play.

It does! Once you get past the load times the game looks like an absolute blast to play, and if LBP creation is anything to go by I could easily get lost in the creation tools for a very long time.

I really do hope the retail release has much shorter loading times.

I will be getting it from GameFly ASAP and if I find the load time bearable I will buy it.

I can only buy (2) games from now until September and 3DDGH is one of them and I REALLY wanted MNR to be the other, so I will wait at least a month before deciding to go with Red Dead Redemption and see if MNR gets this much needed patch.

I don't care how much it sells, I just want it to have less loading so me and the lady can play it. We both don't enjoy MKWii very much and need another Kart racer.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Long load times are certainly annoying, but arent a deal breaker for me.

Tifa got MOVES!

binary solo said:
Ok well that's a little bit annoying. However I would point out that this is 3 minutes 35 seconds from start up of the game to get to your first race. It would seem that 2-2.5 minutes of loading would only happen on start up. So between finishing one race and starting another the load times will be much shorter.

It's quite misleading to suggest that you're going to experience that sort of load time hassle for every race. The load time for the race itself came in at about 45 seconds I think. A tad long sure, but it's something I can live with and it's only a bit longer than load times for LBP levels. The one load time that seems unreasonably long for an installed game is the start up load time.

Thread title and OP are a bit overblown IMO.

I don't think it is overblown at all. LBP has similar load times without any install what so ever. Actually, other than the initial load, which is more of a connection to the PSN server, the load times aren't bad at all.

If MNR is this bad right now, think of how much worse it is without an install.

Also the race load time clocked in at ~30 seconds, which is the least of the problems. I find much of the problem to be with the menu screens.

If I want to start the game and go into one thing, then go out and choose something else, would I be subject to two rounds of long loading?

This is why I am taking a wait and see approach.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

its just loading times.. I mean MGS4.. and it's 1 hour install screans were..

mM
Around the Network

i didnt go to the site and read anything about the video, but maybe the game was actually installing on that load up?

wow, the game must really be awesome if the reviewers actually qualified this game as AAA after this load times

leo-j said:

MGS4 installs between chapters were 3 1/2 minutes at most for me.

Where do you get ~1 hour from?

Even the initial install was ~8 minutes.

Currently playing:

For anyone interested, the game just got a 9/10 from GamesRadar.

GamesRadar:

ModNation Racers (9/10): "Even if MNR was ‘just’ a racing game, the annoyances would be minor. But ModNation Racers is far more than a kart game – it’s the new friendly face of DIY gaming. The creation tools are accessible and the editing mechanics comfortably familiar – more so than any other ‘make your own’ style game on PS3. It even caters to classic, often overlooked, split-screen racing alongside conventional 12-player online play. It’s the only kart racer you’ll ever need, and although not the best racing experience out there, it’s certainly the most fun. And if you don’t enjoy what’s on offer, you’ve only yourself to blame…"

Currently playing:

RolStoppable said:
Euphoria14 said:
leo-j said:

MGS4 installs between chapters were 3 1/2 minutes at most for me.

Where do you get ~1 hour from?

Even the initial install was ~8 minutes.

And I got already annoyed by Sin & Punishment 2's 10-15 seconds initial loading time right after the Wiimote safety screen. A game loading after it has already been loaded, that's just stupid. But you PS3 owners have it much worse, it seems.

Not when I play Uncharted or Demon's Souls.

You're just jealous that a Sony console gets a good old school NES Zelda style game.

Currently playing: