By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I never thought it would come to this, but after Reach, Halo 3 feels...

OmegaRugalv3 said:

I felt like this about Halo 3 since playing MW1.

old and dated.

Agreed.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network

*puts more money in saving for 360 jar

yo_john117 said:
JaggedSac said:
I haven't played Halo 3 again after playing the Beta, but I am sure I would feel the same way. Seems like you have much more control over how well you do now.

I don't know about that.  It feels to me like I have no control over how good I do (maybe my playing style doesn't really fit well with Reach)  I feel like a had a bit more control in Halo 3 than I do with Reach (although the amount of control I had in Halo 3 was shrinking due to the increasing amount of people who were so much better at Halo 3 then me)

Don't get me wrong Halo Reach is a blast for the most part, but one thing that pisses me off are the ridiculously overpowered grenades.   Any noob can chuck a grenade at you and rape your life instantly because of the way grenades get thrown.  

A few other things I hope they change are make the player speed increase by 10-20% and make you be able to jump at least another 25% higher than you can right now, and because of the low speed and low jumping straffing doesn't do a lick of good in this game.

Rocket Launcher is overpowered imo (basically if your anywhere within a 15 foot radius you are gauranteed to die)

I agree with the Grenades being overpowered. Everything else, use sprint and sprint jump or play Elite gametypes.

Increase the speed and jump height and your back to Halo 3's horrible floaty physics. Reach is perfect and I agree with the OP in every way.

I love playing 1 Flag CTF on Sword Base, Sprinting from the start spawn and Sprint Jumping from the top floor platform and landing inside the flag room 3 floors below. You feel badass as you land like a tank hitting the floor and letting out a small hmrph.(Animations are fucking awesome, even in first person view, You can see your legs unlike most games for those that don't know) Then instantly proceeding to sprint to the flag and getting a few 1 hit beatdowns on the enemies only just beginning to walk into the room. Btw crouching just before you hit the floor nullify's the small fall damage you would take.

If it were Halo 3 you'd run off the edge and float down like a fairy without any real impact. Boring.

1337 Gamer said:
selnor said:
1337 Gamer said:
i prefer halo 3. It honestly was a game that took alot more skill. its hard to win if you cant get control of power weapons and thats the way i like it. Halo reach is 2 steps backwards in my opinion.

See IMO Halo 3 has been shown up with Reach. Halo 3 was nothing more than map control. And there is very little strategy other than luck which can take away Map control.

Wrong. Ive played halo 3 probably more than anyone else on this forum and the statement you just said is completly wrong. I would consider my self quite good at halo 3 and gaining map control and weapon control takes skill. Yet even if you dont have them if you are good enough you can break the other teams control. it all just comes down to skill. Skill > Luck or anything else in halo 3.

Halo reach and Halo CE, 2, 3 are alike in that they both share the title Halo. Other than that they are so different it isnt even funny. Im glad that people like reach and good for them but most halo purists such as myself are less than pleased with the changes. Halo reach makes it easy for bad people to be just as good as "pro" players. It takes much of the skill out of playing halo.

Nearly every weapon in Reach takes more skill to use then the Halo 3 counter part with the added recticle bloom and bullet spread/tweaks. Even the damn shotgun is harder to kill with.

The only weapon that has been made easier to kill with is the Rocket Launcher and grenades with the added splash damage and overall damage inflicted. IMO they're the only problems with Reach currently.

It is now easier to kill Energy Sword wielders because you can parry the swipe with your fist/gun by meleeing at the same time and the Gravity hammer can be rendered useless with a well timed Armor Lock.

1337 Gamer said:
tuscaniman said:
1337 Gamer said:
i prefer halo 3. It honestly was a game that took alot more skill. its hard to win if you cant get control of power weapons and thats the way i like it. Halo reach is 2 steps backwards in my opinion.

Map control is a legit strategy. Going for power weapons is a legit strategy. But when someone wins solely based on the fact that they have the power weapons is cheap and bullshit. If Halo made the power weapons respawn then I would agree with you but when 1 person has it and nobody else has access to it your argument is void in my opinion. Quake 3 Arena was a game all about map control and power weapons ala railgun but the railgun respawned which made it legit. Halo:Reach finally brings a little more balance and strategy to Halo in my opinion.

uh power weapons DO respawn in halo... And what you said about q3:Arena applies to halo 3 except bout the railgun lol.

He means respawn's at the same rate even if somebody else is holding the power weapon already. On Halo 3 if someone is holding the Energy Sword another won't spawn for ages if atall. On Quake it'll respawn after it's normal time period.

Around the Network
Attoyou said:
OmegaRugalv3 said:

I felt like this about Halo 3 since playing MW1.

old and dated.

Agreed.

Really? MW1 felt unbalanced and old after playing Halo 3. Try playing MW2 after Reach beta. I did, and Oh dear.

skiptomylou41k said:

being outdated has nothing to do with popularity. Look at counterstrike. Just because you like it doesn't mean it isn't.

...and just because you think it is, doesn't mean it is.

See how your own logic can come back and bite you in the ass?

Neither of you is wrong, but you're being curt and brash about it, which makes you the rude one, most certainly, and I look down on rude people. Always have. Call me elitist.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Yeah but Halo 3 still is great.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB